MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2009-08-29 08:09:06

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

CDG files and MP3-Boss (Karaoke)

I am planning to add support for CDG (Karaoke) files -- including auto-unzip, auto-move both CDG and MP3, auto-mark (during scan) that the mp3 includes an associated CDG, and auto-mark (during scan) whether the CDG includes vocals (this assumes that the filename includes a descriptor like 'wvocal' or 'vocal' or such).

Suggestions?

#2 2009-08-30 02:32:48

HaraldF

Re: CDG files and MP3-Boss (Karaoke)

coool

#3 2009-08-30 05:49:52

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Any other feature suggestions?

Winamp has a nice plugin that supports CDG -- so I was figuring this would be an easy way to select the CDG files (and show/not-show those with vocals).

#4 2009-09-12 12:37:57

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

If you've selected to scan ZIP files:

Is there any reason I shouldn't automatically unzip the embedded music files from the ZIP?  I know this takes a bit more disk space ... but do you care nowadays when a 1TB drive costs $90?

If the ZIP consists of ONLY an MP3 and CDG file -- should I automatically delete the ZIP after unzipping the MP3 and CDG?

I'm sure I can figure out a way around both problems ... but forcing this behavior would simplify my programming.  For instance ... if I don't unzip ... then I need to track the ZIP and unzip and send the unzipped song to Winamp.  Also...to move the song I'd need to actually move the ZIP.

Suggestions?

#5 2009-11-15 18:34:01

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

I am making some reasonable progress on this.

Automatically unzips the ZIP file, and allows either deleting the ZIP or moving the ZIP to another location (either on same drive, or another drive).

If you've enabled the Karaoke plugin with Winzip -- playing the song in MP3-Boss will automatically load the Karaoke plugin (and you'll see the lyrics).

The following information is stored:
CDG found (scans for CDG)
Vocals (assumes the Karaoke is labeled with vocals or wvocals)
ZIP (includes ZIP contents and filesizes)

I haven't yet modified the behavior to auto-move a CDG along with the MP3.

Board footer