MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2005-03-28 20:09:38

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

MailTo command

v0.600 adds a new MailTo command -- implemented the same way as SendTo (ListView right-click).

To use MailTo, you'll need to get BLAT:
http://www.blat.net

Luckily, it is very small...only around 250KB!  Just unzip it into a separate directory and then tell SendTo configuration where to find the file.

You'll need to setup a few SMTP mail settings...much like you'd do for Outlook Accounts.  Please let me know what services are trouble and what services work.  I've used both LOCALHOST (IzyMail) and direct to Yahoo SMTP.  MailTo supports server authentification.

#2 2005-04-03 14:32:00

yahs

Re: MailTo command

John,
I'm not too interested in the mail feature as of yet, but I read your instructions for setting up MailTo and I managed to send e-mail using a yahoo account. I then tried to set up another account  using my ISP account but I didn't get any success.
I tried sending a file (55 secs long) and a message "mailing Ed Sullivan introduces elvis.mp3" appeared on the status bar at the bottom of tthe MP3Boss screen but it just stayed there. So I tried to select another file to mail but the option to send to mail does not appear (I still get the send to other program options). Even when I close List view the message is still there under the switch screen.
I exited the program and restarted and I got the send to mail option as normal but when I tried again I got the same message as before. Does any of this make sense to you? As I say I can't see me using this feature too much, but quite happy to test it out and interested to see what you make of the temp file generated.
The ~dhe.temp file is copied below ( I've removed the email address) 

c:\blat240\blat.exe - -body "File attached (Ed Sullivan Introduces Elvis.mp3).
L:\My Music\Elvis Presley\A Golden Celebration (Disc 3)\Ed Sullivan Introduces Elvis.mp3" -attach "L:\My Music\Elvis Presley\A Golden Celebration (Disc 3)\Ed Sullivan Introduces Elvis.mp3" -subject "File attached (Ed Sullivan Introduces Elvis.mp3)." -t xxxxxx@clara.co.uk -f zzzz@clara.co.uk -server relay.clara.net -log C:\DOCUME~1\SK\LOCALS~1\Temp\~DH3E.tmp -debug
SK

#3 2005-04-03 14:45:43

yahs

John,

My file did actually work, it just  took a long time to get through the spam & virus checker. The on screen message could only be cleared by exiting the program and restarting. (unless 10 minutes is not long enough to allow the mesage to clear). Just noticed 601 update so I'll download and set it up and see what I get
SK

#4 2005-04-03 15:08:18

yahs

John,

Installed 601 (no problems) and set up a MailTo option. I emailed a file to myself to quickly test. I got the "sending email message", but this time I got an error message saying Blat couldn't send email. However a few seconds later the email arrived in my inbox. Details later if you want them

SK

#5 2005-04-03 19:01:23

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

yahs wrote:

John,

Installed 601 (no problems) and set up a MailTo option. I emailed a file to myself to quickly test. I got the "sending email message", but this time I got an error message saying Blat couldn't send email. However a few seconds later the email arrived in my inbox. Details later if you want them

SK

I definitely would like the ~DH*.tmp file in your TEMP directory that has the information (it is text -- it must say "ERROR" somewhere for me to say it wasn't sent).

MailTo is pretty cool, isn't it? smile

With my Outlook inbox...MailTo even lets Hotmail uses receive huge files...with MailTo split followed by automatic combine.

I plan to improve the MailTo status line message...so it shows the filename, and also so it can show each files that have been queued.  Is there any need to store the mailing information?  Do I need to popup a message if failed?  Or is a beep and status line message enough?

Board footer