MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2010-05-22 00:05:53

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Filtering...

Access2007 looks like it will easily allow filtering on every column in List View.

In the meantime, most of you probably aren't aware that 'Filter For:' in List View allows you to combine text strings to tighten up the target search.

By entering
Filter For: *search-term1* *search-term2*
... List View will only show records that include both search terms.
This appears to only work for text fields though (not date fields).

So ... by entering:
Filter For: *Linkin* *Hybrid* *bonus*
...MP3-Boss would just show the Linkin Park, Hybrid Theory, Bonus CD matches...

Substituting a ? for a character would let you match any character in that position.

If you find you don't get the results you expect, it might be because the case doesn't match (try ? for that character) or because you are trying to search for a phrase in a single word (usually *term1*term2* - without a space - works to make the match).

Also, because the subfilters work from left to right ... you might find that
*Term1* *Term2*
...brings up the expected result but
*Term2* *Term1*
...doesn't find the match.

Let me know if you have more questions!

#2 2010-05-22 00:18:03

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Filtering...

You might also not realize that you can create quite complicated queries using the 'Detail View'

Once you are in Detail View, click the "Full/Sortable" radio button up near the top of that dialog.

Now, right click on a selection and select "Filter by selection" or "Filter excluding selection".  Once you click...the result is filtered.

Go to another field, and do the same thing ... you've now combined filters.  You can keep going until you've pared down the list the way you want.

Note that when you highlight a selection to filter -- you can select the entire field or a single word (or even part of a word).

Once you are done (or want to start over), just right click and "Remove Filter/Sort".

Let me know if you have questions!

Board footer