MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2006-08-09 18:04:58

ugc

Error scanning for new songs.

Scan for new song is selected directory. This is the error that showed up:

(3020) Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit.
DAO.Field
K:\400_Music\R&B\Madonna - Express Yourself.mp3

Also a window popped up that was titled "Splash 1" and it said the following:

"The expression on Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error:
*The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]
*There may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro."

It gave me a list of about 28 songs, (that were NOT new, but mp3boss thought they were), and I had to remove from the folder to continue scanning, or MP3 boss would lock up and I had to exit out and restart.

I just moved all music to a new drive and I think some of the songs got corrupted, but they play fine. Any Idea on what happened?

*EDIT* I unchecked the "Add new files ONLY" and it scanned ok with no errors, but my rating was reset on the songs I mentioned above. (which were not new)

Last edited by ugc (2006-08-09 18:46:19)

#2 2006-08-09 18:57:25

ugc

Re: Error scanning for new songs.

Hold on before I say this is an error. I did have the problem listed above, but I restore and re install windows a lot and I never scanned my music folder with this new install. I just copied my "data" file from the old install to the mp3boss folder.

I am now scanning with the "add new files ONLY" button off, and then rescanning with it on, and I am not getting any errors.

#3 2006-08-09 19:41:16

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Could you send me that file?  Maybe it has an unusual tag entry.

#4 2006-08-09 19:56:15

ugc

This is a strange deal. Some how, in me backing up using a "sync" program to a raid setup, it mixed some of my music. I am listening to it right now. The song will play correctly, then about 3 min into it, it plays about 3 seconds of another song. I opened serveral of them up in Sound Forge and the mp3's are mixed. WOW!

It has nothing to do with mp3boss. But lucky I have a back up of most songs and I just checked them and they are fine. I am restoring as we speak.

I have never had this happen before, but I just upgraded my computer to a dual 64 bit processor and a 64 bit raid card and maybe my sync program is not compatible with my new setup. It is the only thing common with all problems. But it IS NOT MP3Boss at fault.

#5 2006-08-10 04:52:20

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

If the filesize changed because of the problem, at least that would explain why MP3-Boss thought they were new files during the scan (I believe 'filesize check' is enabled by default).

If you do have a copy of "Madonna - Express Yourself.mp3" (even the corrupt one), I'd like to see if I can get that Update problem here.

#6 2006-08-10 12:39:28

ugc

sorry, I restored the drive all ready.
And all is working like it should now.

Thanks for your help though.

Board footer