MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2006-10-15 08:12:24

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Duplicate Scan

The duplicate search feature has always been one of the best features of MP3-Boss.

Next revision will speedup the verification scan...instead of bit-by-bit verification, the default will be an MD5 verification.  That ensures a 100% verification check (essentially impossible for 2 different files to have the same MD5 unless the errors are specifically programmed in)...but it is 10-100x faster than a bit-by-bit verification!

If you have a huge number of duplicates...I think you'll really like the [x]Mark All Selected item in the right-mouse button menu for the Delete1 and Delete2 colums of the Datasheet/2-File views.

Combine that with Filters based on parts of the filenames...and even hundreds of duplicates are easily manageable!

Board footer