MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2006-10-21 05:13:33

carrotboat

don't understand scan type

Hi,

I have moved lots of stuff around in the mp3 directories. I want a rescan to reflect that.

I have rescanned but files  that have moved are now shown in both there old and new places. I unchecked the "Add New Files ONLY". Should I be doing an overwrite? 

I assume a scan can never alter mp3 file content.

#2 2006-10-21 06:45:05

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: don't understand scan type

The easiest way to move stuff around in the mp3 directories (after scanning), is to directly edit the path (or filename) in mp3-boss -- that automatically moves/updates the file information (even if it is playing in Winamp!).

Another way...if the artist/album information in mp3-boss is good...is to use AutoMove -- MP3-Boss will automatically move files around based on the artist/album information.

Both of those methods mean that you don't have to rescan after moving files.

If you've moved files around and then rescanned (so you now show the files in both the old & new locations) ... just use Utilities/Records/Cleanup -- and MP3-Boss will delete the records for the files that have been moved.

Overwrite mode in Scan first deletes all the records and then re-scans everything.

You are correct that scanning won't alter an mp3 file.

Board footer