MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2007-02-20 04:36:46

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

How to upload a release to Winamp.com

Plugin submission at winamp.com has always been quite a pain ... and because of that I hadn't updated MP3-Boss there for several years.

I recently deleted the release there, and have been trying to get the latest release posted -- with no luck.

It looks like the maximum plugin size is 3MB -- even trying to post the latest update release (3.1MB) looks like it won't go through.  However, it is always very possible that submission just doesn't work, or that there is something about the mp3-boss submission that causes it to get automatically rejected.

I had actually hoped to create an update release that would automatically download the required components if they weren't available...but my installer doesn't support that.

Can anyone offer a suggestion?  Anyone have any influence over at winamp.com?

#2 2007-06-03 09:04:07

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: How to upload a release to Winamp.com

I still haven't been able to get a revision posted -- I even tried creating a 'mini-version' of MP3-Boss, but it was just over 3MB, which appears to be the size limit.

Is there an easy way to create a version that is 'installable' from my website (without having to purchase a web-enabled version of Wise Installer or Installshield) -- $700 is above my spending limit!).

#3 2007-06-04 10:13:03

ugc

email the folks at winamp or post in their forum, and let them manually post it for you.

and/or

could you make something that just downloads the whole program from your site with a note for size limits. Let them install from their harddrives.  (like an exe link)

#4 2007-06-04 11:32:11

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Unfortunately, here's the response I got:

Your file is way too big, and no, we will not take a link.
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php … did=261074

the size limit is somewhere over 3Mb (can;t remember if it was pushed higher than that). i'm not too sure and getting help on the matter is rather lacking. i'll post this to the appropriate area but i wouldn't expect a speedy response on things though
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php … did=256243

Board footer