MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2007-04-20 16:11:41

xyanwarrior

Mutliple-Field Editing

I've been using your product for about 2 hours now and I'm pretty happy thus-far. Thank you!

However, I would like to see the ability to edit multiple fields -- simultaneously and in-progression.

- Simultaneous editing would be good for, say, setting all the songs on an album to the "Rock" genre.

- In-Progression would be useful for editing a group of files in succession. Think Excel -- when you highlight a group of cells in a column then begin editing, when you press Enter it automatically goes to edit the next cell.

The current system works pretty well, especially if you can use your keyboard to navigate and know your Home/End/Page Up & Down/etc keys. Its just really dang annoying that I have to CTRL+C then CTRL+V each entry.

Maybe this feature is already in the program? I haven't found it yet...

#2 2007-04-20 17:07:36

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Mutliple-Field Editing

In List View:
1) Change the value(s) for the field(s) in the top row
2) Highlight the rows below it that you want to make identical to this top row (move the cursor to the top left corner of the first field -- the cursor changes to a white cross when you able to then click and drag to highlight multiple rows & columns).
3) Click the CopyDown button (right above the Winamp controls).

...I think that will do just what you want!

Thanks for the question!

#3 2007-04-21 01:30:32

xyanwarrior

Awesome, thanks!

And I have to say, the ability to search out duplicates is a HUGE time-saver!!! I've got so many redundant files from sloppy back-ups over the years it would take days to track them down.

Definitely buying this smile

Last edited by xyanwarrior (2007-04-21 01:32:14)

#4 2007-04-21 07:20:04

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Thanks!

Don't forget to tell your friends! smile

Instead of making the program really easy to use, I keep adding new features...so I really need my customers to let others know that it is worth spending a little time with MP3-Boss to figure out how much it can do...

But as always...if there is something that should be added, or made easier to use...I'm always open to suggestions.

Wait until you see the next revision...support for OGG, FLAC, SHN and more file formats...plus lots more to make MP3-Boss faster and more robust!

Thanks for your support!

Board footer