MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).
  • Index
  •  » Reports
  •  » Simple list of Artist, Album title and maybe a small image

#1 2007-10-31 08:00:21

worker17

Simple list of Artist, Album title and maybe a small image

Just a simple list of Artist, Album title and maybe a small image of the album art if it exists.  Currently my collection keeps the album art in the same directory as the MP3s.  I haven't seen an option to scan for art, so don't know if it is reasonably possible to associate the pics with the database.  MS Media player seems to default to looking in the directory, then online if not found.

#2 2007-10-31 18:06:41

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Simple list of Artist, Album title and maybe a small image

So you'll have a directory for each album, with one JPG file (album art) in each directory?

Certainly makes sense (instead of embedding the album art in every song).  I didn't realize that any program supported album art that way.

#3 2007-11-01 10:16:05

worker17

Yep.  It has one "standard" size jpeg (8k) for display while playing in the media player, and a "thumbnail" size (2k) for displaying in the library list.

#4 2007-11-01 18:16:49

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Great idea...and would be easy to implement (especially for being shown to the right of Player controls in List View).

Anyone (else) think I should implement this?

#5 2008-05-11 11:32:38

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Can you give me a bit more detail on this -- I'd like to implement within a few months.

I just added a new Artist/Album/Track report in v0.654, and was playing around with adding album art (but decided I need to purchase a $350 library to do it right).

#6 2008-06-24 19:34:02

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Is there only a single JPEG in every directory?  How is it named?

I'm experimenting with showing the 1st detected JPEG file in List View (to the right of the Winamp player), when running on at least 1024 x 768 screen or higher resolution.

I'm finding quite a directories that have an image.  In some cases -- FRONT.JPG and BACK.JPG.  Is that the 'usual' naming convention?  I've found other situations with a single JPG with a name similar to the track names.  Finally, there are a number of folders where I have a bunch of mixed images & tracks (not sure how I'd handle those!).

• Index
  •  » Reports
  •  » Simple list of Artist, Album title and maybe a small image

Board footer