MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2007-12-04 16:29:53

Davideo2006

Popularimeter column?

I noticed that in the changelog of your software (v0.618 - BETA release 05/13/07) you mentioned the following:
New columns in ListView: Rating and #times played stored in ID3v2 Popularimeter field (email address set from BlatMail configuration).

I am using MP3-Boss and I am in the list view, but I cannot see the Popularimeter fields listed there, nor can I figure out how to add those columns.  Specifically, I would like to see and edit the email address field for all my MP3s.

How can I access this information in your software?

Davideo2006

#2 2007-12-05 04:55:03

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Popularimeter column?

Good question about setting email address -- even I had to look!

Blat mail setup is found in MP3-Boss Configuration/SendTo tab, and click the "Blat Mail Setup" button at the bottom of that page...just change the Sender address.

The Popularimeter field is based on the "Rating" column -- so as long as you've set a Rating (either with the drop-down in List View or by clicking on one of the faces below the Winamp player controls).

The number of times played is incremented automatically each time the song is played.

#3 2007-12-05 07:39:38

Davideo2006

John,

Thanks for your response.

I would like to see a column for the email field so I can see what email address is in each MP3.  If the frame contains an email address I would like to delete it.

It would be cool if you could expose this information in a column some day.  Also it would be cool if you could turn the columns on and off so the user can configure and see only the columns he needs.

Would anyone know of a tool that can expose all the data of the Popularimeter Frame (ID:POPM) in the ID3 tag, specifically the "Email to user"  field within the frame?

thanks for your help!

Davideo2006

#4 2007-12-05 16:32:19

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

I'll make sure I add Popularimeter and email field to the detail view at least (even if not a List View column) -- not sure how I left it out!  I should be able to have that in the next release.

Just set any column width to zero (drag the column closed at the header line of List View), and that gets rid of the column.  Someday I should also add a series of checkboxes so it would be more obvious.  Click the "Profiles" button at the top of the List View page to see what else you can do -- setting fonts, frozen columns, multiple profiles and more.

#5 2007-12-05 20:53:30

Davideo2006

John,
I will be sure to try out those features.  Thanks for answering my questions and thanks for being so accomodating with my suggestions.  I look forward to your next release!  :-)

Davideo2006

#6 2007-12-05 22:36:25

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

By the way...I forgot to mention that you should search MP3-Boss help for "Profiles" to get some information on how to use Profiles.

Also, you might not realize that you can change the order of the columns in List View.  Here's the information on setting Column Order:

To change the column order, just click on the heading of the column you want to move, and drag it the new position.  If you have frozen columns, you won't be able to move a new column into the 'frozen' region -- so you'll need to unfreeze all columns (set frozen=0) first.

To hide a column, you just set the width to zero by dragging that column closed.  To show the column again, you can either drag out the width of that column (if you know where it is!), or click on the 'Show All Columns' button in profiles.

#7 2007-12-24 17:45:12

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

I'm testing the Popularimeter entry now ... and looking for mp3 songs that include popularimeter entries (rating, email, counter) -- it would be great if you could send me a few to test.

The ID3v2 tag format apparently supports 32K entries -- I'll show up to 255 different entries for each song in the next release of Mp3-Boss.

Anybody ever found songs with more than 255 entries?

Thanks for your help!

Board footer