MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2008-02-26 08:27:53

downeast

Do you really want to messages

Is there a way to turn off some of the warning messages?

For example, it asks if you "really want to" rename files or paths.  This is a great default, but during the times you are trying to re-organize your files it becomes a real PIA.

#2 2008-02-26 08:48:54

downeast

Re: Do you really want to messages

If it's not possible to turn off these messages and this turns into a new feature request, please add the "do you really want to copy down ..." to the list smile

#3 2008-02-27 05:13:18

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

There is a checkbox at the top of List View (near Copy/Delete file buttons) -- Confirm before File/Path rename.  Just uncheck this...

I don't have a checkbox to turn off the CopyDown message.  I'm not sure I'd want to turn that message off though ... because it is such a powerful command.  Plus, it isn't just an error ... but also shows you what is going to happen (xx fields and yy rows).  Do you really need an option to turn off the message?  Would it be in Configuration, or right on List View (current session only)?

#4 2008-02-27 06:31:35

downeast

> Just uncheck "Confirm before ... rename".

Along with all my other problems, I must be getting blind too smile  Thanks!

As for Copy-Down, turning it off would be nice.  I agree it should be current session only.  Maybe there is room next to the Copy-Down for a check box that says "Verify" (or maybe Verify/Copy-Down would fit on two lines) if you move Copy-Down left and Detail and Tag to the right.  Default should definitely be "Verify".

Board footer