MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2008-03-26 04:50:56

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

SPAM email activity

Once again SPAM email activity has picked up -- I'm currently getting 600 emails a day that are mainly "Undeliverable..." or "Returned Mail..." notices from Japanese email addresses (e.g., ewozpugembr@air-agent.com to bccompiler@yahoogroups.jp).  Because these include the original Japanese email ... that amounts to 200MB of SPAM today!

Evidently, someone has started to post even more Spam emails, using @mp3-boss.com as the return email address.  The full email address is usually a random jumble of letters, followed by the mp3-boss.com domain.  I am not sending these emails!

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any way for me to stop this.  I can assure you that I'm not the source of the spam (for one thing, I don't speak or write Japanese!).

While 95% of the SPAM messages are automatically filtered into my junk mail box, unfortunately a few emails from customers end up there too -- so if I don't respond to a request for help, probably your email was deleted.  Please post here in the forum if you want to be sure to get my attention.

If anyone knows of anything I can do to stop the sender, please let me know.  Unfortunately, it is trivial to forge the return address on a spam email (and there is no verification prior to delivery), so it appears that I just have to put up with this...

#2 2008-11-23 06:10:54

Sterke-Jerke

Re: SPAM email activity

At least look at SPF...
This is a text field in your MX record, that make's sure that you decide what servers can send vallid email using *@yourdomain.com

(Google for it).

Board footer