MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2004-12-13 04:13:30

AtlGuy

Genre Not Showing

I have edit the tag for all my Christmas MP3's created a tag called Christmas . Ine Genre works fine(I can see the tag when I sort MP3s in Musicmatch). My Christmas Genre shows Up. MP3 Does not Reflect this Genre.

As a side note is it possiable to add or Delete Genre Catorgies? In My MP3 Editor I have the standard 144 Genre's. I am able to customize this list delete any of the standards to shorten this list and add my personal favoriates.. I only use 8 Genre's make editing much easier

#2 2005-01-09 11:15:35

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Genre Not Showing

AtlGuy wrote:

I have edit the tag for all my Christmas MP3's created a tag called Christmas . In Genre works fine(I can see the tag when I sort MP3s in Musicmatch). My Christmas Genre shows Up. MP3 Does not Reflect this Genre.

As a side note is it possiable to add or Delete Genre Catorgies? In My MP3 Editor I have the standard 144 Genre's. I am able to customize this list delete any of the standards to shorten this list and add my personal favoriates.. I only use 8 Genre's make editing much easier

Does the Genre show up in the detail tag?

When MP3-Boss scans the file, it normally should take the Genre and copy it into User_Category (User_Category=Genre + additional categories not allowed by the Genre specification).  However, the ID3v1 specification requires that Genre be a number between 0-255...so it is likely that Musicmatch has created a new ID3v2 tag to hold this modified category.  Could you upload one of your files -- I'll take a look.

Add/Delete categories (beta version only):
First, you can change the text shown for the 'standard' categories that are defined in the ID3v1 tag specification.  This is done with User_Category.  Don't forget that the ID3v1 tag identifies those categories in a certain way...so mainly you'll want to use this to so the category is in your native language.

Even better though, you can add NEW categories with User_Category1.  One of the best new features in the beta is that you can show exactly as many/few categories as you want...and ONLY those categories are shown in that Category1 dropdown next to the mp3 player in List View.  Pretty cool, right?

Board footer