MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2004-12-14 12:36:50

Genre List

I only use 9 diffrent Genre's (I know there are 144 standard genre's that everyone uses) is there a way that I can edit the Genre list to reflect these Eight. I gets cumbersome when I have to scroll through all the I's to get to the one I want I would like to add addtional Genre sa "Christmas" or "Jim". Is this possiable

#2 2004-12-14 14:01:58

Re: Genre List

First, you can change the text shown for the 'standard' categories that are defined in the ID3v1 tag specification.  This is done with User_Category.  Don't forget that the ID3v1 tag identifies those categories in a certain mainly you'll want to use this to so the category is in your native language.

Even better though, you can add NEW categories with User_Category1.  One of the best new features in the beta is that you can show exactly as many/few categories as you want...and ONLY those categories are shown in that Category1 dropdown next to the mp3 player in List View.  Pretty cool, right?

Board footer