MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2005-01-03 12:22:22

Jay93

PlayNextSong (new feature request)

Hi my name is Jason and I used MP3 Boss, Ver 0.592 for my New Years eve party.

I ran the program from 8:30pm till 3:45am none stop without one problem, and I have many Directories that most programs have a hard time looking for sometimes.

The only thing I had a problem with is every time I queued a song it went to the bottom of the whole list, and I would have to drag it up to queue it next. Is there a way you can make it so I can choose the song to just queue like it does now and also, I can choose to queue it next?

I hope this makes some sense

#2 2005-01-03 15:11:19

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: PlayNextSong (new feature request)

Right-click on the song in the list and select "Enqueue song".

Glad to hear that things worked well!

John
http://www.mp3-boss.com

Jay93 wrote:

The only thing I had a problem with is every time I queued a song it went to the bottom of the whole list, and I would have to drag it up to queue it next. Is there a way you can make it so I can choose the song to just queue like it does now and also, I can choose to queue it next?

#3 2005-01-03 16:13:21

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

I think normally "Enqueue song" means add it to the bottom of the playlist.  Right?

If you double-click the song, or click "Play song", then it will add the song to the playlist (at end) or find the song in the playlist and start playing the song.

Should I add "Play Next" to the right-click menu?  Do other programs have that option?  It sounds simple...but is actually harder to implement because it means rewriting the playlist from that point on.

John

Jay93 wrote:

mccaffjt wrote:

Right-click on the song in the list and select "Enqueue song".

Glad to hear that things worked well!

John

I did that but it queues it at the very bottom, I had 98 songs queued and it placed it at 99. I wanted it to be the next song it played after the one that was playing

Thx

#4 2005-01-03 17:46:54

Jay93

mccaffjt wrote:

I think normally "Enqueue song" means add it to the bottom of the playlist.  Right?

If you double-click the song, or click "Play song", then it will add the song to the playlist (at end) or find the song in the playlist and start playing the song.

Should I add "Play Next" to the right-click menu?  Do other programs have that option?  It sounds simple...but is actually harder to implement because it means rewriting the playlist from that point on.

Yes Enqueue song does mean add it to the playlist (Bottom).

If "Play Next" button is a pain thats fine I can deal with it.

Other then that I have had no problems running it on my computer at all.

Computer specs.

Win xp sp2
Amd 1666Mhz
1280 mb of pc2700 ram

I also have run iTunes at the same time and sax & dotty Karaoke hoster.

I get no lag on searches or performance.

Thx

#5 2005-01-03 18:19:56

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Adding the song next-in-list sounds like a good idea.

However, in some cases...would you want it INSERTED at the CURRENT play position?  In other words...stop playing the current song, insert & play the new song.  Or, would you always want to finish the current song?  Advantage of always finishing the current song is that it gives me time to rewrite the playlist.

Also, what if the playlist is being played in random order. Should I try to make it sequential order for the next song, then random again?

If near the end of the currently playing song...should I insert it after the next song, or take a chance at having Winamp pause for a moment?

Comments?  How many people want me to add this?

John

#6 2005-01-04 14:55:43

Jay93

mccaffjt wrote:

However, in some cases...would you want it INSERTED at the CURRENT play position?  In other words...stop playing the current song, insert & play the new song.  Or, would you always want to finish the current song?  Advantage of always finishing the current song is that it gives me time to rewrite the playlist.

No don't have it stop the song playing just add it after the one that is playing, so it plays next.

mccaffjt wrote:

Also, what if the playlist is being played in random order. Should I try to make it sequential order for the next song, then random again?

Next song then random again.

mccaffjt wrote:

If near the end of the currently playing song...should I insert it after the next song, or take a chance at having Winamp pause for a moment?

After the next song.

Thanks

#7 2005-01-08 16:21:01

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

I've added "Play Song Next" in the right click menu in List View:

-----------------
Play Song
Enqueue Song
Play Song NEXT
-----------------

I have a few questions:
1) The current song will pause for 1/4 second while the song is added to the playlist.  Is the feature still useful?

2) Is "Play Song NEXT" clear enough?  Can you think of better text?

3) I haven't done anything (yet?) about ending up with the same song a bunch of times in the playlist.  How serious is this problem?

I'm thinking I may just release this in the v0.593 beta (and finish it up in v0.594) so you can take a look at what it does.

Comments?

John

Board footer