MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2008-10-14 21:28:48

ralph

Drive Mapping/Refresh Problem

I have a little over 600 files on a network drive (another computer).  When originally scanned into MP3Boss I had this mapped as Drive I:\.  After a few years and a new main computer I wanted to change this mapping to Z:\.   I did map this network folder as Z:\ in Windows (XP) and can access and play the files in Winamp just fine. 

I now wanted to get MP3B to recognize these files as being on Z:\  I went to the Refresh Mapping utility and selected Z:\ from the drop down list under NewMap.  Note:  Z: was displayed as a valid drive.  Once I press update.  I get the "Nothing to do" window.  It says No maps/paths need to be upated.   What does that mean ???

Note if I map this network folder as I:\, MP3Boss will correctly address, play, update etc all the files/music.   But because of other folders,drives,etc., I would prefer to move this directory mapping to Z:. 

Any idea why the refresh mapping doesn't work.  Anything I can test?

#2 2008-10-15 01:53:43

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Drive Mapping/Refresh Problem

Is there an mp3boss.log file?  If there is, please send it to me -- I'll try to figure out what is going on.  What version of MP3-Boss are you running?

I'll try to reproduce the problem here, but may need your DATA.MDB file.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Board footer