MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2009-01-18 08:30:49

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

MP3-Boss Cracks & Hacks

I've been finding an awful lot of sites that have MP3-Boss cracks & hacks...

While perhaps I should be flattered that there is so much interest...it is pretty discouraging.

Please don't distribute your registration codes, and try to get any sites that have that information to remove it.

A few warnings for those of you that use the information:
1) Many of those sites are around to try to turn your computer into a zombie.  I downloaded a few of the hacks:
mp3bosshack_3019.exe
MP3.Boss.0.655a3226.exe
Mp3.Bossa3226.exe

All contained the Trojan:Win32/Alureon.gen!J
This particular trojan wasn't detected by my copy of Norton Antivirus, but was detected by Windows Live OneCare (but couldn't be cleaned).  By the way...Windows Live OneCare is a great free tool:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

2) Most (hopefully ALL) of the registration codes that you'll find on the web have been deactivated.  If you use one of those codes, MP3-Boss immediately deactivate and it will cost an additional $5 to re-activate MP3-Boss before you can register.

As always, thanks for your support!

Thanks,
John

#2 2009-11-03 19:39:48

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: MP3-Boss Cracks & Hacks

Please let me know when you see serial numbers on the web -- particularly if they are for current (or very recent) versions. 

Thanks!

Board footer