MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2005-02-19 12:23:20

yahs

v0.593 glitches

John
Since I started running v0.593 I have had only 2 glitches.

If I have already started Winamp through any other means than start MP3 Boss, Access crashes with a standard windows Xp error message

When I turn on song length in MM:ss option, the length column can't be sorted and the refresh display of that column is noticeably slow.

All my music is pretty well organized and I always use MP3 Tag Tools to clean up new files before they are scanned by MP3 Boss, so I haven't had any problems atall with the scanning side of things.

SK

#2 2005-02-20 06:45:03

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: v0.593 glitches

yahs wrote:

If I have already started Winamp through any other means than start MP3 Boss, Access crashes with a standard windows Xp error message

What version of Winamp are you running?  I haven't seen this problem.

When I turn on song length in MM:ss option, the length column can't be sorted and the refresh display of that column is noticeably slow.

Are you sure you are running v0.593 and not v0.583?  I thought I fixed this in v0.584.

#3 2005-02-25 12:52:17

yahs

John

As regards the winamp (version 5.08c) glitch it is intermittent and hasn't happened recently. I think you can check an option in winamp to have multiple instances so that could be the problem/ solution

With the song length option, I can see the recalculate message before the screen refreshes. I am running mp3 boss version 0.593 on a standard Xp home machine

SK

#4 2005-02-25 14:01:24

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

yahs wrote:

John

As regards the winamp (version 5.08c) glitch it is intermittent and hasn't happened recently. I think you can check an option in winamp to have multiple instances so that could be the problem/ solution

With the song length option, I can see the recalculate message before the screen refreshes. I am running mp3 boss version 0.593 on a standard Xp home machine

SK

I'll look into the multiple-instances selection to see if I can replicate the crash.

You are right that the refresh can be slower when you show MM:SS, since that information is calculated -- the delay depends on the speed of the computer.

#5 2005-03-03 17:56:48

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

yahs wrote:

John,

Small point, but I've noticed that in Artist Fixup screen the text box that has the title "Change From"doesn't quite display all of the w for artists beginning with W. I've tried different resolutions but still get only 3/4 of the leading w.

Going back to the length in mm:ss problem I mentioned, the other programs I use (orangecd and mp3tagtools) both scan mm:ss quickly and correctly. Is it a particular problem for access to achieve this? and can the recalculation be changed to fixed values (I know that in excel you can copy then paste special to change formulae to values)

Neither of the above are significant. I still use the program as it is and it is perfect for my needs.

SK

It seems that 8pt Arial drops a bit of the W.  Not sure why, but probably the only way to fix this is for me to change the font.  Think I should?

I've fixed the HH:MM:SS problem in v0.597 by adding another field (actually...I thought I had done this once before! LOL).

#6 2005-03-04 13:19:50

yahs

John,
Just remembered that in v0.57 you could choose your own font. I prefer comic sans ms so that would be useful.
Apart from deleting, is it possible to filter out duplicates?
SK

#7 2005-03-05 17:18:32

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

yahs wrote:

John,
Just remembered that in v0.57 you could choose your own font. I prefer comic sans ms so that would be useful.
Apart from deleting, is it possible to filter out duplicates?
SK

Only List View lets you choose a font -- I've never let you choose the font for Arist Fixup.

In v0.597, I think I will let you select the Font and Fontsize for Artist Fixup so I don't have to worry about selecting a specific font.  The comic sans font isn't freely distributable, and is included in only certain versions of Windows.

#8 2005-03-07 16:47:33

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

yahs wrote:

john
sorry I forgot where to change the font, it is only for list view as you say. I think comic sans is installed as part of office, if not here is a link.
http://simplythebest.net/fonts/fonts/co … s_ms.html.
It is only my preference not sure about other views.
SK

You can change the List View font from the UserProfiles button at the top of List View.

I changed the Artist Fixup font to the comic sans and it fixed the W problem.  Think I should keep it and install comic sans as necessary?

In the recent beta, I changed from 7pt Small Fonts to 8pt Arial or 8pt MS Sans on List View for all of the small text -- because I've been getting some complaints about the text not showing (probably because Small Fonts isn't truetype).  Is this better or worse.

#9 2005-03-09 17:52:39

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

yahs wrote:

John,
You mention o.597, but I haven't picked that up yet.
I use comic sans a lot as it is pretty close to a handwriting font but not everybody likes the way the letter t appears.

SK

I haven't released v0.597 yet...it is coming soon.

Board footer