MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2005-02-22 19:22:46

ralph

Select Tracks and Export to Burnning Software

After you have 10,000 tracks in the database, you want to be able to take the best and burn to a CD (in MP3 format and possibly CDA/WAV).  Now my idea of implementation would be to be able toselect the desired tracks then designate those selected to be exported to burn software.   I've tried to copy and paste from the filepath&filename fields -- this obviously does not work.

Integral to this solution is being able to easily select desired tracks.  Imagine, for instance, sorting the database according to some criteria, then highlighting a subset of that sort.  Following that, the user could right-click for a context menu and then "select highlighted".  If there was a way to then 'export' selected or "send selected list to burn" or "create burn project from selected" to the users burn software. Software could be Nero or Creative or something else.

#2 2005-02-22 19:26:15

ralph

Re: Select Tracks and Export to Burnning Software

My apologies.  I just realized I've posted this idea earlier.  Pardon the repetition.

#3 2005-02-23 07:16:39

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

ralph wrote:

After you have 10,000 tracks in the database, you want to be able to take the best and burn to a CD (in MP3 format and possibly CDA/WAV).  Now my idea of implementation would be to be able toselect the desired tracks then designate those selected to be exported to burn software.   I've tried to copy and paste from the filepath&filename fields -- this obviously does not work.

Integral to this solution is being able to easily select desired tracks.  Imagine, for instance, sorting the database according to some criteria, then highlighting a subset of that sort.  Following that, the user could right-click for a context menu and then "select highlighted".  If there was a way to then 'export' selected or "send selected list to burn" or "create burn project from selected" to the users burn software. Software could be Nero or Creative or something else.

The newest versions include a Select column, and the Show Select Filters popup lets you show only the selected or only the unselected files.  I actually plan to use this feature to create multiple 'playlists' -- saving the currently selected items to a list, and then letting you recall that list of selected files anytime you want.

Would that do what you want?

#4 2005-02-24 18:51:16

ralph

It looks like I might be able to do this with WinampPro:

1.  Once a playlist is queued up, you can highlight all tracks in the queue (crtl-A)
2.  Right-click the highlighted tracks.
3.  Select "Send to:"
4.  Select "CD burner:
This sends the selected tracks to WinAmp's Media Library for Burning.
5.  Select Winamp's Media Library (ML)
6.  Select "Burn" 
7.  This should burn the CD.

I haven't tried this yet.  Looks like it might work.  The harder part might to easily select a variety of tracks in MP3B and send to a playlist.

#5 2005-02-24 19:11:27

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Once I add full playlist support...it will be easy to select any tracks you want to create a playlist.

Board footer