MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2006-11-09 16:06:40

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

AutoFixing Artistname

The new release of MP3-Boss includes the names of over 17 thousand artists, each with a weblink.

In v0.607 -- there is a secondary table that will allow an automatic change if an artistname is mispelled.  If an incorrect spelling entry is linked to the correct entry...the incorrect entry is automatically fixed during the scan!

Right now, I don't have a way for you to enter this information (instead I've entered a few obvious spelling errors)...but I'll think about how I can make it easy to update.

For now...if you have specific problem artists...send me the information & I can add them to the table.

#2 2006-11-12 19:31:34

ralph

Re: AutoFixing Artistname

Here's my problem with artist names.  Twice now I have scanned files where apparently the artist was not in the master list.  Just tonight I scanned William Ackerman and MP3B was loaded with William Hooker instead.  Now I have to mass change the artist name to get it correct.  Is there a way to turn off the artist check routine?   I'm not sure that I need it.

#3 2006-11-13 04:16:07

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

I'm surprised that William Ackerman would change to William Hooker.

The artist list has "Will Ackerman" (not William Ackerman) and "William Hooker" -- so maybe that is the problem.

The check was designed to only update the name if the match was nearly certain.  I should probably make the soundex search based on BOTH first & last names -- so Will and William would be identical.

Could you send me one or two of the songs so I can take a look here?

I'll add a "Turn off artistname checking" in the next release.

Do you see this problem a lot, or just a few cases? 

To fix this particular problem I've just modified the secondary table so "William Ackerman", "Ackerman, Will" and "Ackerman, William" all point to "Will Ackerman" -- the exact match would always be found correctly.

#4 2011-04-17 09:03:43

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Do you have a favorite artist that isn't included?  Send me the information and I'll try to include it in the next release!

#5 2017-09-12 04:38:36

ScottStoltz

ncie

Hey! I am a freelance editor at Essay Dune company. I prefer freelancing to work in office just because I like flexibility and essaydune.com gives me that flexibility in time and pay. Work in office is definitely not for me. I am creative type of person and  I need to work in complete silence and be overwhelmed with inspiration.

Board footer