MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2004-12-07 08:33:29

AtlGuy

Export to xls or txt format

Be able to export critera to a txt or xls format so that It can be read into excel or any other program.

It would be nice to be able pick the colums of information to be exported to a txt or xls format. For example sometimes I only need the Artist and the Genre I don't need any other info. Another time I may Need Artist Track Number and Beats Per Min or jsut artist listing ascesding

#2 2004-12-07 10:23:31

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Export to xls or txt format

You can do this from MP3-Boss List View. 

Simply move the columns around the way you want.  First move them into the sort-order -- you can select multiple columns for sorting...then move them again for final placement.  After doing this, you'll probably want to save it as a profile so you retain this sort order & placement.  You can apply any List View filters you want.

After doing this, select the rows and columns you want to copy, and press Ctrl-C to copy.

Switch to Excel and press Ctrl-V.  This will paste everything you've copied into Excel (it automatically includes column headings).

Let me know if you have any trouble.  I have quite a few people that use this technique to make complicated reports and cool web pages.

If anyone creates some cool-looking webpages using MP3-Boss...please send me some links!

John
http://www.mp3-boss.com

Board footer