MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2005-01-24 04:50:18

HaraldF
Member
Registered: 2011-06-05
Posts: 139

Artist Fixup -- Autofixing artistname

The artist fixup is a very nice tool.
Is it possible to save bad artist names for changing them into right artist names?

For Example
In Artist list
Artist 1: Dj Lhasa (right artist)
Artist 2: djlhasa
Artist 3: dj Lasa

I change in artist fixup the artist names into dj lhasa.
When I get new songs from dj lasa, does mp3 boss fix the artist automatically to dj lhasa?

If it doesn`t, this would be a nice feature.
A similar tool for albums would be also nice.

Have a nice day
Harald

Offline

 

#2 2005-01-24 14:38:46

mccaffjt
Admin
Registered: 2011-06-05
Posts: 1295
Website

Re: Artist Fixup -- Autofixing artistname

HaraldF wrote:

The artist fixup is a very nice tool.
Is it possible to save bad artist names for changing them into right artist names?

Just hold down the Ctrl key while you select all the names you want to change ([x] Multi-Select needs to be checked for this to work).

A similar tool for albums would be also nice.

I agree!  I was thinking about adding this...although it is a bit harder because I don't keep a table of albums (because the same album name could be used for multiple artists).

Offline

 

#3 2005-02-03 03:42:51

HaraldF
Member
Registered: 2011-06-05
Posts: 139

Re: Artist Fixup -- Autofixing artistname

mccaffjt wrote:

Just hold down the Ctrl key while you select all the names you want to change ([x] Multi-Select needs to be checked for this to work). .

I mean this in an other way.

For Example
In Artist list
Artist 1: Dj Lhasa (right artist)
Artist 2: djlhasa
Artist 3: dj Lasa

I change in artist fixup the artist names into dj lhasa.
So in artist list is one artist: dj lhasa

perhaps One week later: I get new songs from dj lhasa. The new songs have the wrong artist name dj lasa.

So i have to fix the artistname in artist fixup again. I change the wrong artist name dj lasa into the right artist name dj lasha.

It would be nice, if the program makes my 2nd fixup automatically.

Harald

Offline

 

#4 2005-02-03 03:56:52

mccaffjt
Admin
Registered: 2011-06-05
Posts: 1295
Website

Re: Artist Fixup -- Autofixing artistname

HaraldF wrote:

mccaffjt wrote:

Just hold down the Ctrl key while you select all the names you want to change ([x] Multi-Select needs to be checked for this to work). .

I mean this in an other way.

For Example
In Artist list
Artist 1: Dj Lhasa (right artist)
Artist 2: djlhasa
Artist 3: dj Lasa

I change in artist fixup the artist names into dj lhasa.
So in artist list is one artist: dj lhasa

perhaps One week later: I get new songs from dj lhasa. The new songs have the wrong artist name dj lasa.

So i have to fix the artistname in artist fixup again. I change the wrong artist name dj lasa into the right artist name dj lasha.

It would be nice, if the program makes my 2nd fixup automatically.

Harald

Offline

 

#5 2005-02-03 03:59:18

mccaffjt
Admin
Registered: 2011-06-05
Posts: 1295
Website

Re: Artist Fixup -- Autofixing artistname

mccaffjt wrote:

HaraldF wrote:

mccaffjt wrote:

Just hold down the Ctrl key while you select all the names you want to change ([x] Multi-Select needs to be checked for this to work). .

I mean this in an other way.

For Example
In Artist list
Artist 1: Dj Lhasa (right artist)
Artist 2: djlhasa
Artist 3: dj Lasa

I change in artist fixup the artist names into dj lhasa.
So in artist list is one artist: dj lhasa

perhaps One week later: I get new songs from dj lhasa. The new songs have the wrong artist name dj lasa.

So i have to fix the artistname in artist fixup again. I change the wrong artist name dj lasa into the right artist name dj lasha.

It would be nice, if the program makes my 2nd fixup automatically.

Harald

Good point!  I actually have started to build a table with 'verified' artistnames to check against, but maybe instead I should save the artist-fixup information and just see if you want to reapply the changes you've made before.  Right now I'm not saving the artist fixup names...so your proposal would require a new table.

Offline

 

#6 2006-09-13 03:57:17

mccaffjt
Admin
Registered: 2011-06-05
Posts: 1295
Website

Re: Artist Fixup -- Autofixing artistname

Take a look at v0.606 -- I now let you check the artist against a list of 17K artists.  This makes it much easier to get everything right.

Offline

 

#7 2006-10-15 08:06:32

mccaffjt
Admin
Registered: 2011-06-05
Posts: 1295
Website

Re: Artist Fixup -- Autofixing artistname

mccaffjt wrote:

Take a look at v0.606 -- I now let you check the artist against a list of 17K artists.  This makes it much easier to get everything right.

In v0.607 -- there is a secondary table that will allow this automatic change.  If an incorrect spelling entry is linked to the correct entry...the incorrect entry is automatically fixed during the scan!

Right now, I don't have a way for you to enter this information (instead I've entered a few obvious spelling errors)...but I'll think about how I can make it easy to update.

For now...if you have specific problem artists...send me the information & I can add them to the table.

Offline

 

#8 2006-12-16 10:21:28

mccaffjt
Admin
Registered: 2011-06-05
Posts: 1295
Website

Re: Artist Fixup -- Autofixing artistname

v0.610 makes this easy to update (although once you do a bunch of updating...you need to send me the ARTISTLIST.MDB file so it will automatic in future versions).

A future version of mp3-boss will show a list of all the artists that aren't in the master list of "known good" artists -- so you won't have to see the full list when you are fixing artist names.

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB