MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2006-12-29 05:34:40

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

v0.611 Release -- December 29, 2006

Mainly cosmetic changes in this release, but I think you'll find it makes the program easier to use. I've made this the new OFFICIAL RELEASE.

The biggest change is that all of the main forms (e.g., Scan, Artist-Fixup, Utilities) will now come up at the best size...and they'll remember the last position. This helps most for those of you that run at the highest screen resolutions, but I've also made sure that 800x600 works properly. For higher resolution screens, I changed the font used to show the ListView filesize & filetime...so finally those are easily readable again!

For those of you that have been begging for a more modern look, I've added a new background image to all of the main forms. Just delete the file "FORM.BMP" from your mp3boss directory if you don't like the look, or find a bmp with a pattern you like better. Let me know if you'd like to have a selection...and feel free to send me patterns that look good.

Other minor changes:
Tooltips windowsize fixed, and the Artist Fixup window has the header removed for 800x600 so fits onscreen. Added AMG weblink button in Artist_Review. Fixed some screen update issues with switching windows while scanning active (directory scan & form_activate). Review categories after scan is no longer the default (scanning). The Scan page now shows all 10 directories all the time (enabling the next directory as appropriate).

v0.611 update release:
http://web.newsguy.com/mccaffjt/mp3update.zip

v0.611 full version release:
http://web.newsguy.com/mccaffjt/mp3boss.zip

In theory you should only need the v0.611 update release. However, if you want to do a full installation, you can use the v0.611 full version release. Don't forget to backup what you have!

Thanks for your support -- and send me your comments!

Want to be automatically notified when there is a NEW RELEASE?
Subscribe to the MP3-Boss Mailing List!

#2 2006-12-29 07:58:03

tjc

Re: v0.611 Release -- December 29, 2006

John

after upgrade it gave me a strange message when i hit config button somthing about database integrity violation and program being out of date closed and reopened program and everthing seems fine now. just an fyi

TJC

#3 2006-12-29 12:58:15

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

What version were you upgrading from?

When you load a new version of MP3-Boss, often there are some new fields that need to be updated -- if there are a lot of new fields, I make you do an update.  If not, the first run of the program adds the fields.  If there are too many changes, you might get that "database integrity violation" because the database structure isn't correct for the new version...but then the 2nd startup completes the process.

I haven't been able to get the problem to happen here...otherwise I'd fix it!

#4 2006-12-29 13:47:20

tjc

.610 i think or 609 it's fine now but i noticed when i run the cleanup on the records the screen flickers not the whole screen just the new colored section doesn't bother me any i just minimize it and let it run but figured you should know about it

keep up the good work don't know what i'd do without your program pushing 120000 mp3 now

i still use mp3filter by hardcoded software gives me several options for finding duplicates that i can't do with yours like prioritizing directories

other than that ive dumped most mp3 programs

#5 2006-12-29 14:39:33

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Thanks for the information -- I'll see what I can do about the flicker.

Do you like the new background?  Or is it just a pain?  To get rid of it...just delete (or rename) form.bmp.  At some point I'll probably make that configurable.  I finally added the background because I got a few comments recently that the screen needed some pizazz.

I am pleased that FINALLY I got around to improving the form sizing & position (especially because I haven't been paying a lot of attention to 800x600).

I plan to add duplicate search based on both the audio fingerprint and on "sounds-like".  What do you need most?  What should I do first to improve the duplicates screen?

Have you tried using filters in the duplicates screen?  Highlight a word or words (for instance, if you just want to look for duplicates in your "c:\mp3\new_songs" directory, then right-click and select "Filter by Selection".  I find that it really helps speed up the selection process.

#6 2006-12-29 19:25:09

tjc

wow the filter feature is great how did i miss that has it been thier a while

#7 2006-12-30 06:11:30

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

I added it around v0.607 (9/24/06), so it hasn't been there for that long.  Glad you like it!

I find that the combination of filters and "Mark ALL Selected" for a column really speeds things up.

Board footer