MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2004-12-07 08:52:38

AtlGuy

Access FreeDB.org

There is a service call freedb.org. It would be great if MP3 could access album and track information from this service

#2 2007-03-27 15:36:29

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Access FreeDB.org

I actually looked into this quite awhile ago -- as far as I can see, FreeDB only lets you calculate a CD DiscID, and uses that to identify the songs on the audio CD.  I couldn't see how to use that information with mp3 files.

The MusicIP (PUID) service seems to provide the identification ability with MP3, WAV, OGG, and FLA files...and in v0.617, MP3-Boss will support all those formats.

But...should MP3-Boss also catalog Cd-Audio discs?  I actually have included a FreeDB helper file for several versions (used during my testing of CD-Audio).  The big question is what I would display for the path and "filename".  Path wouldn't be too bad (maybe the drive + discID ... or just the drive like a normal CD), but there really isn't a "filename" for each song track.

Comments?

Board footer