MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2007-05-05 21:02:42

ugc

Scanning question.

When scanning using the new beta (v6.172) (makeing a new data base) the Total files found is 2191 and the "Processing file" meter at the bottom left says" _____ of 2243"

I emailed you a screen shot. Just wondering if this was normal? I would think those two numbers should be the same??

#2 2007-05-05 21:35:26

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Scanning question.

I've fixed it -- the Total Files wasn't updated with the final count -- the status bar information is correct.

Another question -- in your configuration, do you have "Background Pictures on Forms" selected (Configuration/More tab, near the top left).

Any problems with registration?

Good to see that v0.6172 is coming up (the v0.6171 error turned out to be a trivial mistake)!  How is the scanning speed so far?

I've actually been quite happy in my testing of v0.617x -- I've fixed a couple of database relationship problems (which means that there should no longer be any 'junk' left after deleting records), I've added more error checking (including writing to the mp3boss.log file), and it seems very stable here.

#3 2007-05-06 07:20:40

ugc

the "Background Pictures on Forms" box is not checked.

I was going to comment on v.6172 last night and tell you that everything looked good. When I opened mp3boss just now to check and see if the "Background Pictures on Forms" box was checked, it took a few more seconds to open the Configuration than normal, and then it thanked me for registering again. I did not have to enter my information, it did it on its own.

I'll keep you updated on that.

#4 2007-05-06 07:31:58

ugc

With MP3boss closed, I ran my date up a few days on my computer, then opened up MP3boss, and it ran perfect. I tried that numerous times, and could not get it to check registration again.

It appears to be working fine.

#5 2007-05-06 11:09:47

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Thanks for the information!  Glad to hear that everything seems to be working now!

I'm not sure why you got the registration confirmation a second time ... but at least it automatically updated the information.  It is possible that you got the message because the initialization table still needed to be updated.  I've been adding a number of fields (e.g., background pictures on forms), and the process of adding the field might be detected as a registration problem.

Board footer