MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2007-06-10 10:19:43

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Next version... (v0.630)

A customer gave me a song that will often crash v0.6202 of MP3-Boss (giving an Access error).  I'm working pretty hard on this one.  If you see any similar problems, please send me the song.  It looks like rewriting the tag will fix the problem, but so far I can't figure out what is wrong with the tag in the first place.  The same file doesn't cause the crash on a second computer.

Next release:
Add version information to the DLL/OCX references (Configuration/Statistics/Check References). 

I'm using this to see if this has anything to do with the crash.  So far, this doesn't appear to be the problem.

No longer get "too fast" timeout when loading Winamp.

This has been a big pain for me (and probably you too!).  Finally figure out that with the latest computers with 2 processors...sometimes the next timer tick comes back a little before the last one!  Normally this should have only happened when the tick-count crossed midnight.

Now supports up to 9,999,999 files in a scan (previously was 99,999 files).  Let me know if you think I should support more... smile

Added error check in Artist Cleanup when loading List View (status bar conflict).

Handles multiple instances of pipe/vertical bar (|) in artist name -- | is a reserved character in the Jet database engine.

This will be the official release in a few days, but I thought I'd post it here first. 

As always, you should copy your *.MD? files before upgrading (not that you should need them).  If you have been editing TOOLTIP.MDB (for language support), or ARTISTLIST.MDB (adding/correcting artist list) -- please back those up BEFORE installing and send them to me.  The new install will overwrite any changes you've made.

Full install:
http://www.mp3-boss.com/mp3boss0630.zip

Upgrade install:
http://www.mp3-boss.com/mp3update0630.zip

Let me know if there are any problems!  Thanks!

Board footer