MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2007-06-30 14:25:58

ralph

Keep thinking about playlist support

I keep looking and thinking about a better way to do playlist management. Some of this may involve ambitious programming in MP3B, but maybe partial implementation would be a seller.   My needs are varied:

1).  I frequently like to burn selections to CD.  I need to select "good" tracks using MP3B ratings but also need to make sure the selected ones fit on a CD.  Currently, I "queue" tacks to Winamp.  Then go to winamp to see how long is the playlist.   Then I save the playlist for burning; or, I just drag and drop to burning software.   

- MP3B could report back from the 'List" window, the length of Winamp queued tracks and  possibly their size.  Also currently 'List View' window shows the playlist number of the track playing.  Alternatively, it could also display how many are queued. For example: instead of  "Song#4", MP3B could should "Song #4/22".   To indicate playing the 4th song of 22 tracks now queued. 

- MP3B could have a "save playlist"  feature (Maybe in the Winamp Playlist window).

2).   I also might use playlists more just to queue up favorite songs.  Once a particular winamp queue is complete...and assuming I like all the songs..I can save that playlist for future listening or modification.

#2 2007-06-30 15:29:01

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Keep thinking about playlist support

Here's how I create a CD in mp3-boss:
http://web.newsguy.com/mccaffjt/punbb/v … php?id=153

(although I also have been using "find duplicates" to move the duplicates to the CD-Staging area, and just burning the files there to a DVD).

I have a few more bugs I'd like to work on (and would like to add a couple of requested reports)...and then will work on the playlists.  Keep up the suggestions.  I'll probably be creating a thread to show all of the planned playlist features.  Definitely there will be Save/Restore playlist and "load to listview".

Board footer