MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2007-07-07 14:11:56

fc

Registered v. Unregistered

Hi, forgive me if this is covered somewhere, but I could not find any information regarding the unregistered version vs. the registered version.  Are they the same?  Is there full-functionality in the unregistered version?  I ask because I have an extremely large music collection (~450 GB, 90K files) that I'd like to test out before paying for anything.  iTunes, Winamp, and the Creative Nomad file browser all vomit on this much info.  I have hope for MP3-Boss, since you're actually using a relational database to store the info (even if it is Access), and, if it works, I will love it forever.

f.

#2 2007-07-09 12:39:24

fc

Re: Registered v. Unregistered

Well, don't bother replying.  MP3-Boss died on its 3rd pass through the first 45K songs.  Access engine couldn't take it and gave a general exception (even though I'd killed every possible process to allow resources for the first scan).  The search continues.

#3 2007-07-09 13:50:23

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Registered v. Unregistered

Please send me the song that caused the problem.  What OS are you running?

Most likely it is a problem with the embedded tag.  The next release fixes a problem with multiple | characters in the tags (| is a reserved character for the Jet database engine).

v0.6202 (current release) can handle just under 100K files -- there was a bug in the formatted display of the scan-number that limited a single scan to a 5-digit number.  The next release should be able to handle at least several hundred thousand files (the scan limit was increased to 9M files).

I'm currently running tests on a database of approximately 130K files (~667GB) -- everything still works great (and fast).

Board footer