MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2008-02-01 03:07:46

HaraldF

Players

Mp3 boss works very good with winamp.

What can I do for use mp3 boss in combination a 2 Player programm with (for example virtual dj)

Grettings
Harald

#2 2008-02-01 04:04:50

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Players

What is Virtual DJ?

I've always thought about supporting other players...but never had that many requests.  What other players should I support?

Are you still having trouble with the latest version of MP3-Boss and Winamp v5.5x, or is that fixed now?  The next release will check a few more locations (in case the registry information is invalid), but I don't think that was the problem on your computer.

#3 2008-02-01 12:56:08

HaraldF

I will tell you next week, I didnīt tried out.

virtual dj is a mp3 player for djs, with 2 virtual decks.
I bought the hercules mk2 with virtual djc edition.
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/djcedition.html

I think, the more professionell player is traktor dj
http://www.native-instruments.com/index … =djline_us

but the mk2 with virtual djc is not so expensive for hobby-players.

#4 2008-02-02 10:01:37

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

I did a lot of work with v0.641 to make sure it reads the Paths.ini file -- I think that is the problem you were having.  Mp3-Boss will now read multiple registry locations to see if it can find the currently available winamp.exe file...and then search some more to find paths.ini...then read that to find the winamp.ini and winamp.m3u file. 

Unfortunately, the Winamp paths.ini file format isn't documented -- so I can't be sure that I can always locate the right location.  However, I made sure that it would correctly interpret your Paths.ini file.  Evidently, there was a minor change in Winamp 5.5x that caused a problem with the way Mp3-Boss was reading the file.

If anyone has any documentation on the Winamp PATHS.INI file -- it would be great if you could send them to me. 

All I know for sure is that the inidir
{26} = %AppData%

... (and I can read the registry to get the location of %AppData%) but I couldn't locate any additional information.

#5 2008-02-04 04:44:45

HaraldF

Good work,

I tried mp3boss 0.641 with winamp 552, everything works fine.

harald

Board footer