MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2004-12-13 06:22:24

AtlGuy

Album Art

Does Mp3 track Album Art? I will get mp's with album art attahced to the file is that information store in mp3?

If Yes.. does it accually store the graphic item or just tell me that there is are assoicated with the file example field name album art if there is a 1 in the filed there is are assoicated with this mp3 if blank no are assoicated

If you the graphic can I click on the item and open say microsoft picture to view the item

J

#2 2004-12-13 06:59:04

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Album Art

Take a look at the Detail page...if there was art, it should be shown in the PICS tab.

Click on the [Full/Sortable] button, then sort one of the tagsize/picture fields to descending...if there are pictures, they should be shown first.

This is a new feature in the beta.

It supports copying to clipboard, and the original pictures are stored in a TagPics subdirectory underneath your mp3boss directory.

#3 2004-12-13 07:53:27

AtlGuy

Cool... just what i needed to see great

#4 2004-12-13 13:20:39

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Let me know how it works...so far nobody has commented on it in the beta.

It reads pictures from both mp3 and wav files.  You'd be surprised how many wav files have embedded bmp files (although there seem to be only a few icon-type pictures).

The internal JPG format reader in Access seems to require Microsoft JPG support -- which might mean that you need Office installed to see those JPG pictures.  I'm not quite sure about this though.  There are alternatives to native Access support, but each solution might create problems.

Board footer