MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2008-03-23 11:27:20

sjhitch

Right Click column sort problem

Hi,

Sorry if I've ovelooked the answer to this somewhere - but I can't find it!

I installed v0.651 and scanned and did a duplicate search - all ok.  When I view the duplicates in Data Sheet 2, I can't sort any of the columns or do a select all on a column - in fact right click does nothing.

Any ideas what I've done wrong??

Thanks

Steve

#2 2008-03-23 12:57:34

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Right Click column sort problem

You should be able to select any field in the columns and then right-click.  Just select "Sort Ascending..." or "Sort Descending..."

http://www.mp3-boss.com/images/right_click.jpg

If you select the entire row, the right-click menu won't be available.  Also, you may want to right-click the column heading if you have trouble getting the "Sort..." options.

#3 2008-03-23 13:27:28

sjhitch

Hi,

if I hover over the column heading, I get the downward pointing arrow but if I right click, it just highlights the column - can't get menu whatever I do.

Do I need Access 97 installed? I do have a full version of Office Pro 2003 installed.

Thanks,

Steve

#4 2008-03-23 14:45:14

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

You're right -- you found a bug.  You don't need to have Access97 installed.

Somehow I must not have enabled the right-click menu for the runtime version -- I just need to enable it.  You have a right-click menu for the Delete1 and Delete2 columns, right?

I'll fix this in the next release.

#5 2008-03-23 15:06:26

sjhitch

You're right too!  Delete 1 and Delete 2 work if a field is highlighted and I right click.  Strangely, if I right click on the column headings of Delete 1 and Delete 2 - it doesn't.

Thanks.

Is there a down level version that does have it enabled? If so, where can I get it? Or is the next release imminent?

#6 2008-03-23 17:35:31

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

I hope to get the next release out in a few days.

I've not had any reports of earlier versions having the problem, so I don't know when the problem started...so it would probably be best to wait the few days for the next release.

#7 2008-03-24 19:04:23

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

I just posted v0.652 beta release -- hopefully it fixes the problem.  Please let me know.

#8 2008-03-26 14:45:05

sjhitch

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.  Got 652 and the menu appears and works fine. 

Out of interest, (and this is sooo obvious but I never did it the first time!) I turned off my virus scanning while the duplicate check was running this time and it was a lot faster :-)

Now I've sorted the column, I want to 'check' Delete1 in a block of records. - Any suggestions? if I highlight them and 'mark all selected' it does the whole column (based on the filter), not just the highlighted ones.

Thanks again for the great support - registered now

Steve

#9 2008-03-26 18:24:32

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Thanks so much for the information about turning off virus scanning!  Good idea!

I need to do two things to improve duplicate marking:
1) Add back the ability to filter on words in duplicates (which lets you check just certain directories, or certain artists).
2) Add the ability to mark just the highlighted records.

The first item should be very easy to do.  The second is a bit harder, but I already do something similar for file delete in List View -- so hopefully I can add that function too.  For sure I should be able to add the first item in the next release.

Board footer