MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2004-12-17 08:40:40

paulmccowan

New Scanning Problem

I have my scaaning options set to "Scan, Ignore Serial Number".  I can scan a new Disk, later add new files, and program will scan only those new files.  No issue here.  Program works as it should.

However,

When I take the same disk, delete lets say 5 files, and then add new files, the program will then scan the disk as a new one.  Any suggestions.  Is this normal, or is there a work around?

#2 2004-12-17 09:36:33

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: New Scanning Problem

The ScanID is based on a 40% match.  I've thought about making this configurable...but how would the user know what to choose?

About how many files were on the disk originally, and how many after adding new files?

I am strongly leaning toward adding a "This is a NEW disk" to the Scanning page because of the possibility of a 40% match when you have similar disks.  I'm thinking I may also need a combobox selection where you can specify that you a scanning a CD that is already in the database.

John

#3 2004-12-17 09:54:09

paulmccowan

Re: New Scanning Problem

The disk had 60 files, and I added 5.  It was OK.  I then deleted 4, and added another 5 new files.  The program then scanned the whole disk as "new".

Board footer