MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2008-06-01 08:21:26

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Foobar2000 support

I've finally gotten a chance to install Foobar2000.

It looks like I can add almost the same command set as Winamp (through use of comserver control).

Now that I know it is possible -- how many of you are interested in Foobar2000 support directly from Mp3-Boss?

Currently, MP3-Boss only supports Winamp (and partial support for NAD).

What other players should be supported?  I assume you'd like WMP?

The fact that I can no longer post MP3-Boss on the Winamp site (both because MP3-Boss is >3MB, and because their plugin posting process is broken) has made me mad enough to think I need to directly support more than just Winamp!

Comments appreciated!

#2 2008-06-22 08:14:36

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Foobar2000 support

I've started working on Foobar2000.

A bit more difficult than I hoped, since Foobar2000 doesn't use Windows SendMessage for control.  I could reverse-engineer this, but they specifically state that they might change the messages.

I've found a couple of COM controls for Foobar2000 that might help.  The first Com_Server does quite a bit, but I can't get playlist write to work.

The other Winamp_Spam does the simple playlist control...but MP3-Boss does an awful lot behind the scenes with playlists...

Your comments appreciated.

Board footer