MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2008-06-28 08:06:28

tastra

Changing the Drive Designation in list view.

Over the past few months I have entered over 214,000 mp3 files into my registered copy of mp3 boss. It has performed well.

Yesterday however I purchased a usb dvd drive to replace my failed one. My computer named it as the K drive and my usb TB drive was renamed as M.

Mp3 boss can not find my mp3's on the M drive unless I manually change the individual mp3 file path to Khmm*****

Is there an easy way to change all 214,000 mp3 in list view to the M drive. When I try to rename using the auto function it can't find the files on the K drive.

Thanks

Tastra

#2 2008-06-28 08:31:39

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Changing the Drive Designation in list view.

Wow!  A new record!  First time I've seen over 150K files!  Thanks for letting me know!

First -- save your DATA.MDB file, just in case something goes wrong.  With that many files scanned, it is probably a good idea to backup the entire MP3-Boss directory so you won't have to scan again.

The best way to do this is probably to do it on your computer -- since most likely you have other programs that expect to see the TB drive as drive K.  To do that, in Windows (not MP3-Boss) just go to:
Start/Programs/Administrative Tools/Computer Management

Then click "Disk Management" under "Storage"

Right-click on the drive you want to change and select "Change drive letters and paths" -- and change as you need.

Note that you might have to first change one of the drives to an unused letter first (to free up the letter) so that you can swap them.

If you don't want to change the drive letter that way, you can also do it in MP3-Boss.
After backing up DATA.MDB, go to UTILITIES/MISC/REFRESH MAPPING

...and just specify the NewMap and click Update.

...that will update the drive letter in the MP3-Boss database for everything that was previously on the selected drive.  Note that because MP3-Boss is a relational database...you are actually only changing a single record...so the change should be nearly instantaneous.

Glad you like MP3-Boss!

#3 2008-06-28 10:59:47

tastra

Re: Changing the Drive Designation in list view.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have entered by scanning, 214,518 mp3's into the database which represents a lifetime of 45's ;  33 1/3; 8 tracks; cassettes 78's and vinyls that were collected from  over 50 years of purchases by me, my family and auctions from private parties and radio stations. It has taken me many hours to convert them over the last 10 years.

The collection totals 707 GB.

I love my collections and I love Mp3 Boss.

Thanks again

Tastra

Board footer