MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).
  • Index
  •  » Questions
  •  » Am I unable to find these features or are they lacking?

#1 2007-10-04 19:52:52

MannyL

Am I unable to find these features or are they lacking?

I'm new to MP3 Boss and can't figure out how to do the following

1) Rename files and move them in one pass. Right now I'm renaming then moving
2) Displaying a list of the skipped when I import a directory

#2 2007-10-04 22:37:45

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Am I unable to find these features or are they lacking?

1) Rename/Moving files:
Highlight the files you want to rename in List View, and then click "AutoMove" on toolbar.

You can automatically rename, automatically move (or both) -- using whatever format you want.

As you'd expect in MP3-Boss...maybe it is a little TOO flexible, so you might want to press the F1 key for HELP once you bring up the AutoMove dialog.

2) Skipped files:
Normally, when files are skipped, a "Skipped files" button should appear in the mid-left side of the Scan window while you are scanning.  The only exception is if the skipped files aren't audio files (e.g., if there are *.mp5 files...that don't correspond to audio).  Any non-audio files are simply skipped (no button is shown).

Let me know if you need more information.  I tend to add features instead of simplifying like I should!

#3 2007-10-06 10:00:27

MannyL

Ok I found that button it's called Skip Errors and I thought if I hit it , it would just skip an errors found not show a list of the files with errors

I'm using 0.637

I can see 44 files that it had a problem with. I can't tell why it had a problem, Would you be willing to help me out?

Last edited by MannyL (2007-10-06 17:56:29)

#4 2008-11-01 06:51:12

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

I was looking through older messages, and it looks like I didn't respond to this -- did we resolve it through email?

• Index
  •  » Questions
  •  » Am I unable to find these features or are they lacking?

Board footer