MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2005-01-03 14:37:30

HaraldF

Creating category in directory review

Hello my Name is Harald. I have a problem in directory review after scanning. I always enter the category in directory review, but the category I enter, is not the same than the user category in mp3 list.

I hope I explained this sensefull

#2 2005-01-03 15:17:44

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Creating category in directory review

By default, if there is an ID3v1 or ID3v2 tag that includes the category, that category will override the user-entered category.  The main page of Configuration includes a checkbox "ID3 tag information overrides Directory Organization".  Uncheck that if you want your category to override the tag info.

Does that fix it for you?

John
http://www.mp3-boss.com

HaraldF wrote:

Hello my Name is Harald. I have a problem in directory review after scanning. I always enter the category in directory review, but the category I enter, is not the same than the user category in mp3 list.

#3 2005-01-04 04:53:08

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Does this happen for ALL songs, or just songs with ID tags? 

What do you get for List View User_Category when you scan -- is it always blank?  Always set to the tag value?

Sounds like a bug.  I'll take a look.

Genre is a subset of User_Category.  If Genre doesn't exist in the tag, then mp3-boss sets both to the User_Category value.

John
http://www.mp3-boss.com

HaraldF wrote:

I`m sorry, but the problem is still the same.
I unchecked "ID3 tag information overrides Directory Organization" 
and in directory review I set "ID3 Tag info overrides entered category/artistt/album info?" to no.

I would like to change the genre in the same way or instead the user category, because in Winamp there is no usercategory. Is this possible?

#4 2005-01-04 08:47:10

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

HaraldF wrote:

It also happen  to songs, which have not an ID tag.

When I scanned mp3s, I left the user category blank, because I always have different genres.

Super Support. Thank you

Are you sure you are looking at User_Category?  Maybe you are looking at User_Category1 -- setting User_Category from within scan only sets User_Category -- User_Category1 is left blank.  It seems to be working for me here...

However, it does look like I don't automatically update the Genre with that User_Category setting when Genre is blank (although that works fine from Utilities -- so you can do it later).  Does everyone agree that I should automatically update Genre when blank?  Or should this be selectable from configuration?

John

#5 2005-01-04 18:10:16

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

HaraldF wrote:

hello John

I was looking at User_Category and User_Category1. I don`t know, where the problem is.

Genre update from utilities is very fine.

You are correct -- I was able to duplicate the problem.  It looks like I broke this on 1/29/2004 -- surprising nobody else found it! 

The reason I couldn't initially duplicate the bug was that I was selecting the "User_Category" from the drop-down next to "Directories to scan" (i.e., specifying the category for the drive or primary folder).

I've fixed the problem in beta v0.593 (to be released soon).

Have you already looked at Genre update from utilities?

John

#6 2005-01-06 03:04:18

HaraldF

Cool!

At first I didn`t notice this button, but it will be very helpful for me, when the problem is fixed.

Im very happy about your support.
have a nice day

Harald

Board footer