MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2009-01-02 08:21:21

HaraldF

tagging - new way?

Hi, happy new year.

What do you think about tagging songs/artists like last.fm instead of the user categories?

Greetings
Harald

#2 2009-01-02 10:00:19

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: tagging - new way?

Happy New Year!

Please give me some details about what you mean...

Thanks,
John

#3 2009-01-20 17:17:57

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

I found this information.  Is it the multi-tagging you want, or something more specific?

Tags
With the August 2005 relaunch, Last.fm supports user-end tagging or labelling of artists, albums, and tracks to create a site-wide folksonomy of music. Users can browse via tags, but the most important benefit is tag radio, permitting users to play music that has been tagged a certain way. This tagging can be by genre ("garage rock"), mood ("chill"), artist characteristic ("baritone"), or any other form of user-defined classification ("seen live"). However, since tagging is not moderated, it is prone to manipulation by the site's users, most often resulting in genre disagreements among users or pushing certain artists higher up on certain tag charts.

Subscribers are also able to create personal tag radio stations containing only tracks and artists that they have tagged themselves. All tag radio stations (including subscriber's personal tag stations) can be played by anybody, including non-subscribers.

#4 2009-01-21 05:37:33

HaraldF

you are right, multi-tagging.

For example
kate perry - i kissed a girl
tagged: pop - rock  - 2008 - dance - popular (not every pop is popular) - summer - female artist - usa
What do you think?

#5 2009-01-21 16:43:55

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Would you want to view these in List View, or would they only be in detail view?

Should I allow an infinite number of tags?  Would they just be called "Tags"?

I've thought about adding "Moods" -- (it's available in WMA, why not for everything?). 

Plus, sub-categories like "Holiday", "Children", "Adult" that would allow quick selection/de-selection.  I had some trouble figuring out how to do this in a simple way -- but I'm always wanting to de-select "Christmas" and "Children" when I'm creating a playlist (or...sometimes I ONLY want "Christmas" or "Children").

#6 2009-02-04 23:26:07

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Moods:
   The 'Mood' frame is intended to reflect the mood of the audio with a
   few keywords, e.g. "Romantic" or "Sad".

Can you send me an example of the "tagcloud view under the file-field" -- I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want to see.

Thanks,
John

Board footer