MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2009-01-21 09:21:06

ItsMyLife

How to save report to file?

I want to be able to save the report of my entire library to a text file... is this possible?

#2 2009-01-21 16:54:42

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: How to save report to file?

What report format do you want to save to file?

The Playlist report lets you save directly to text file.

I can easily add text for other formats, but most formats include header/footer (or graphics) information that makes it a bit of trouble.

If you just want to save the entire List View to text (or specific columns), all you need to do is select whatever Rows/Columns you want (don't forget you can move columns around, and that you can sort on multiple columns) -- then press Ctrl-C to copy, move to your new application (e.g., Excel or Notepad) and press Ctrl-V to paste.

tip: If you want to select the all of List View with one click -- just click the grey box right below the yellow "MP3 Boss" box that is near the top-left-side of the List View screen.

#3 2009-01-21 20:28:50

ItsMyLife

Thanks... I didn't realize I could select th columns and plug into Excel... that worked good.

#4 2009-01-22 03:35:23

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Quite a few of my customers use Excel for very fancy custom reports -- Copy/Paste from MP3-Boss into Excel works just the way it should (keeping columns and column headers).

Don't forget the power of being able to move the columns around in List View (another somewhat hidden feature).  Often, you might want to move the columns around one way first ... and then sort on the multiple columns to get a specific sort order (#Times Played/Artist/Album/Title etc.), and then move those columns around into a different order (Artist/Album/Title/#Times Played) for the Excel report.  When you move the columns around, the original sort order is retained.

You can use the 'Profiles" button in the List View toolbar to save your custom sort(s) and column order(s).

Board footer