MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2009-03-23 07:47:23

yahs

Thank-you mp3boss

Hi John,
Times change, but first many, many thanks for your software and support over the last 10 years or more.
I have used Mp3Boss to organise and catalogue my record collection over the years and I am now content with my 15,000 tracks (approx) - all correctly tagged and sorted.
Thank-you.
Now the bad news - I no longer use Mp3Boss as about a year ago I got a copy of Ubuntu and there's no turning back now. For somebody who started computing with Dos and Novell, I am absolutely delighted with the latest Linux products and although not quite there yet in terms of what people have come to expect from Windows, I am hooked. I still read the forums and it strikes me that despite your fantastic program, you are going to have a difficult time trying to keep your share of the music market. Many of the users I have come across in the last few years (hundreds rather than tens), don't seem to care too much about records being tagged correctly, bitrate settings or even having the correct artists or album-info. All that seems to be required is a playlist that can be ported to an Ipod or Mp3 player. And now we have Spotify which is increasing the number of artists and available tracks almost daily. I hope I'm wrong and that your product continues to be successful, if not head for Linux and share your knowledge. One small point, under Linux you can use Wine as a Windows emulator and for me Winamp doesn't work well enough to use - however Foobar2000 works perfectly as does Spotify.
Once again John, thanks a lot and best wishes for the future.
SK

#2 2009-03-23 16:29:16

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Thank-you mp3boss

Thanks for your support over the years ... and sorry to see you go!

Any need for an MP3-Boss type product in Linux?

John

Board footer