MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2009-07-15 08:17:29

Hornnumb2

Paid feature request

I would gladly pay extra if the duplicate checking could also find wma and m4a files in its scan. Thanks

Last edited by Hornnumb2 (2009-07-15 08:20:05)

#2 2009-07-15 08:29:05

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Paid feature request

I thought it did already ... do you have duplicates that it isn't finding?

Don't forget -- it checks for files that are exactly equivalent, or equivalent for at least a portion of the file (so exact length doesn't count). 

The best way for me to check 'similar' songs (e.g., different bitrate for the same song) is to run a MusicIP against all of the songs.

The only reason I haven't done this is because I get a lot of complaints about how long it takes to scan files, and MusicIP is the slowest part of scanning (so by default I only send songs without tags to MusicIP).

Would this 'similar' duplicate checking be enough of a reason to scan all songs with MusicIP?

The alternative (find songs with same artist/title) doesn't work very well because there isn't any defined naming convention.

Board footer