MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2009-08-30 18:17:19

acorupe

Love MP3 Boss

Greetings,

Have about 120K tracks on line, MP3Boss work very well.

Suggestion:

It would be great to copy music directly to the IPOD, I appreciate those API's are part of WinAMP. :-)

For lots of music it take quite a while, that is copying first to the Winamp List then as a second step out to the IPOD.

Would love to be a tester..

- Allan

#2 2009-08-30 20:10:57

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Love MP3 Boss

Are you sure the API's are part of the Winamp SDK that is accessible to external applications like MP3-Boss (and not just internal plugins)?

I took a look a the latest WA_IPC.H, and didn't see anything about how to talk to the IPOD (or other portable devices).

I have considered implementing my own functions that would talk to the IPOD -- but it is quite a bit of work (and there are a lot of features/fixes that have already been requested).

#3 2009-08-31 10:56:38

acorupe

John,

Thanks. apologize for the assumption that you were using Winamp API's to move data from MP3Boss to the WInamp Queue.

In short, I don't like apps like ITunes and would really prefer to move Songs, Albums or Artists (even multiples there of) direct to the IPOD.

I can understand that that functionality is a sizable piece of work.

If you get there I would be pleased to Beta test.

- Allan

#4 2009-08-31 17:10:45

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

I'm using the Winamp API -- but the Winamp API distinguishes between internal (plugin) and external control applications ... and the external control applications don't have all the hooks to perform every function.

Have you seen any code that manages the IPOD through Winamp?  Or even code that manages the IPOD period?

Board footer