MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2004-12-31 16:14:55

tjc

on click error in auto move

this is driving me nuts. i have about 3000 files in a directory and i am trying to auto move them to directory artist - album it usually makes it almost threw the 6th pass and them it sops with a on click error i have tried doing smaller batches of several hundred and it work fine probem is with large number of files. i have not been able to isolate a file that is causing the problem.

a couple times it said file not found so i used the record cleanup and checked for missing files sometimes it finds some missing other times not

i have .592 installed otherwise it works great

#2 2005-01-01 09:52:48

tjc

Re: on click error in auto move

Well i finally narowed it down to nine files not sure what the cause was but the directory it was in had an ! in the name at the end i renamed the directory and after a cleanup to delete the 9 files then a rescan it worked also had to rename the name in the album column as that is where the ! was

not sure if that was the problem but it works now

#3 2005-01-02 07:35:29

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Was it only specific files within that directory?  Or ALL files in the directory?  Think there were any hidden characters in the album or directory?

Any way you could give me the exact name for the album or directory?

John
http://www.mp3-boss.com

#4 2005-01-04 09:47:50

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

I've had another report of this error (in the beta).  However, it isn't obvious that this is a new problem, since I didn't specifically make any changes to the automove code.  Any thoughts on how I can reproduce the problem?

Anybody else seeing this problem?

John

#5 2005-01-09 11:26:04

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

tjc wrote:

John
I found the files and sent them to you
TJC

I never received the files...could you please send them again?

Thanks,
John

#6 2005-01-09 12:00:43

tjc

File may have been to big i deleted a few and just resent

TJC

#7 2005-01-09 12:02:39

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

tjc wrote:

TJC

My limit is 10MB per file, but I typically have about 2GB free -- so feel free to send as many 'small' 10MB files to me as you want! smile

Thanks!

John

#8 2005-01-18 19:19:48

ralph

I've had this kind of error many, many times.  I've learned that it always has something to do with the naming of the file vs the name that is shown in MP3B.  Somehow MP3B has at least one filename (in the group being moved) that is different than the actual file name.  I usually have to go through the files one by one to find the culprit(s). Somehow MP3B has been able to scan a file and enter it in the database without any discovering any error (maybe bad characters) in the actual file name.  So, there is a mismatch.  I have had to cut and paste file names from explorer to MP3B and vice versa.  Once corrected of course, everything is okay. 

The fault of course is downloading lousy files from the internet.  Many people have poor bookkeeping/database habits.  But, that's why we have MP3B -- to clean everyone elses mess.

#9 2005-01-19 18:48:07

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

ralph wrote:

I've had this kind of error many, many times.  I've learned that it always has something to do with the naming of the file vs the name that is shown in MP3B.  Somehow MP3B has at least one filename (in the group being moved) that is different than the actual file name.  I usually have to go through the files one by one to find the culprit(s). Somehow MP3B has been able to scan a file and enter it in the database without any discovering any error (maybe bad characters) in the actual file name.  So, there is a mismatch.  I have had to cut and paste file names from explorer to MP3B and vice versa.  Once corrected of course, everything is okay. 

The fault of course is downloading lousy files from the internet.  Many people have poor bookkeeping/database habits.  But, that's why we have MP3B -- to clean everyone elses mess.

When you find these problems...it would be great if you can send me an example so I can fix the cause.

#10 2005-01-22 19:25:53

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

tjc wrote:

TJC

I received the files, and figured the problem was the embedded "/" or "'" in the album name...but it actually moved OK for me.  What version are you using -- v0.57 or the beta version?  I think v0.57 would have a problem with the "/" but I think the beta checks.  If you are using the beta, what OS are you using (I have WinXP pro).

John

#11 2005-01-23 10:53:59

tjc

John

Have .592 loaded now with win xp pro

have not had anymore files give me problems since those. if i have another problem i will send you files

Thanks TJC

Board footer