MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2005-01-29 03:03:56

txominfid

Update Files

After now i used CD to store MP3 and no problems. Now I buy a hard disk. I copy this mp3 to that hard disk and scan with mp3-boss. When I detect one mistake, like artist name or sing or file name I correct this. Also if I had one album with better  cuality erase the old and copy the new.

┐there is a easy way that the mp3-boss erase the old files and database the news?

Also I want to question if there is a way that mp3-boss get  songs ramdomly from the database and play it automaticaly

Sorry for may inglish

#2 2005-01-29 05:59:38

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Update Files

txominfid wrote:

┐there is a easy way that the mp3-boss erase the old files and database the news?

The only way to do this for now is to manually go to the old database position and enter the new filepath.  As long as you don't have the old CD in the drive, MP3-Boss will update the database to point to the new location. You can use this method along with CopyDown to quickly update a large number of files.

txominfid wrote:

┐Also I want to question if there is a way that mp3-boss get  songs ramdomly from the database and play it automaticaly?

I plan to add playlist store/recall capability to MP3-Boss in the reasonably near future.  However, I'm not sure if I can smoothly control the playlist order on a song-by-song basis.  For now, if you sort List View by a column like size or date, that should give you a pseudo-random order...and then you can create the playlist from this "random" order.

#3 2005-01-29 11:51:37

txominfid

What I want to say is that now I have 2 database in 2 folders distinct. One for CDs and the other for the songs in the hard disk.

Now I am slowly copy files from the CDs to the hard disk and scaning from the mp3-boss program. The CDs database is working O.K. My question is abaut the dababase that I record with the hard disk.

For example I have one folder with one album. If in other CD I have the same album with better quality i delete the old and copy the new. Or if I find a mistake in one filename, track name or artist name I correct this. The files are new. How can I say to mp3-boss when scaning that erase the old songs than are not and record the news.

I don't know if i splain O.K.

Thanks.

#4 2005-01-29 16:22:43

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

txominfid wrote:

How can I say to mp3-boss when scanning to erase the old songs and record the new songs.

If you want to update the database with new information for files that are already in the database, just make sure that
[] Add New Files ONLY is unchecked.

...MP3-Boss will rescan ALL the files it finds (not just the new ones), and update the database with the new information.  Is that what you want to do?

#5 2005-02-02 01:52:49

txominfid

If it deletes the files that not exist is what I want. I'l try it

#6 2005-02-02 06:56:41

mp3boss

txominfid wrote:

I want to delete the files that don't exist.

The "Add New Files" checkbox only means that it will rescan ALL of the files that it finds -- even if they are already in the database.  This is what you want to do if you've changed the files.

To actually delete files that no longer exist, you would either delete the files from List View, use Utilities/Review/Volumes and delete the CD Volumes that no longer exist, or use Utilities/Cleanup/Records to delete records that no longer point to valid files.  Normally Utilities/Cleanup/Records ignores CDs.

Board footer