MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2008-12-12 15:13:47

ralph

Using Automove

Most of the time a music directory has more than just MP3 files within.  It contains jpg, txt, m3u, etc.  If I use automove in MP3B then these 'extra' files are left behind.  What I have learned to do is the following;

- I move the entire directory using an external to MP3Boss utility.
   - Then I copy to clipboard the directory path of the new location.
   - Next I paste this new path over the existing filepath information in MP3Boss
   - Finally I copy down this new filepath info to all affected records. 
   - Lastly I play one of the files just moved to make sure it all worked okay.

Is there any better way to get this done?

Last edited by ralph (2008-12-12 15:17:05)

#2 2008-12-12 16:28:16

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Using Automove

How about if I have 'move other files' as a selection during automove -- if ALL the song files are moved (but other files exist)...then move the other files to the new directory.

Sound like a good idea?

I also plan to have MP3-Boss show files besides the JPG graphics ... perhaps I should use those specified file extensions to determine exactly what to move?

#3 2008-12-13 21:35:53

ralph

That sounds like a good idea.  Maybe you have a way to implement the idea.  I know some folks may just be moving individual files around.   I my case I'm really moving a directory rather than individual files.

#4 2010-03-16 09:18:15

trekale77

John,

Was this feature ever implemented?  If so what is the process of using it.

In addition a feature which allows the user to select or enter the subdirectory which is not one of the predetermined items listed in the "Directory Format" option would be helpful.  I currently implement this activity by pasting the new path into the "Filepath" field but then I am required to hit "Y" for each entry.  An option to acknowledge all of the changes simultaneously would be a good work around.

Thanks

#5 2010-03-16 10:50:33

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

I never implemented the feature, but it is certainly possible.  Already I check if the directory is empty (and try to delete the empty directory).  Here I would just need to see if any music files remain.

Or perhaps I should auto-move based on similar base filename (e.g., Beatles_Song1.mp3 would auto-move Beatles_Song1.jpg)?

Board footer