MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).
  • Index
  •  » Questions
  •  » Unable to get MP3 Boss to recognize data file

#1 2010-04-24 22:14:30

tunesmanca

Unable to get MP3 Boss to recognize data file

I created my previous data file with some 60,000 MP3's with an earlier version of MP3 Boss. This was saved under an MP3 Boss sub directory in "my documents". I had not used the program for quite some time and upgraded to the latest version.

When I start the program, the "structure of your data tables appears to be out of date" message box comes up. I run the data table update app which goes from v1.06 all the way to  v1.12 saying that the update is not required. When I restart the program the warning box about the structure of the data tables being out of date again comes up.

With the program looping like this, I can't even get in to specify a different data file.

Might anyone have any ideas as to how I can correct this once and for all?

I simply do not have time to re-enter all those 400 disks of MP3's.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

#2 2010-04-25 02:22:51

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Unable to get MP3 Boss to recognize data file

Are you using the latest (v0.681)?

Please ZIP and send me the DATA.MDB file -- sounds like something must not be getting updated.

#3 2010-04-25 07:10:14

tunesmanca

I am indeed using 6.81; just downloaded from your website yesterday.

I reached the very same conclusion you did. When I did get the file to run after switching from the default file, I got "can no longer attach file" error messages. It did run that once, giving me four different parameter input boxes to which I clicked "okay" and the file did come up as readable. When I restarted the program it kept continually looping as it is now.

You have always totally blown me away with your customer service; you certainly continue to do so. Thank you ever so much. The file is on its way.

#4 2010-04-25 13:09:44

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

I've received the file -- I'll take a look and let you know.

Thanks!

• Index
  •  » Questions
  •  » Unable to get MP3 Boss to recognize data file

Board footer