MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2005-02-27 09:11:54

bbrodka

0.594 tag editor issue

seems the updated edited only in the tag editor is not working, says filter not set, did things change or is this a bug? ( could not figure out how to set the filter, it used to work automatically when you checked the edited only box

#2 2005-02-27 09:41:07

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: 0.594 tag editor issue

bbrodka wrote:

seems the updated edited only in the tag editor is not working, says filter not set, did things change or is this a bug? ( could not figure out how to set the filter, it used to work automatically when you checked the edited only box

When you say it doesn't work...what happens?  Is it just that there aren't any edited records (i.e., they've already been written)?  It seems to be working for me here...

#3 2005-02-27 18:57:53

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

bbrodka wrote:

yes, got edited files (Just did a bunch)
messae is
"No matching records -- the filter has been turned off."

Makes me think I need to turn something on? never did in the past, is the procedure different now to only updat edited tags?

Is it possible that you have a filter in List View, and also have [x]ListView ONLY.

Also, by default (I think!), the tag filter ignores files on CD.  Are you sure that you edited records on your hard drive (not CD/removeable)?

I just checked here, and it does look like I'm setting the flag that says a record is edited.

#4 2005-02-28 03:58:36

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

bbrodka wrote:

Yes, files are on local HD
It looks to me like the edit flag is not being set
I edited one file via view, made note of it's ID numbet, went to tag edit under utils, and the check box at the top of tag edit (this file edited) was blank.

I also tried upgrading to .595, same issue
full install of .595 over current, same issue
uninstall, rename old mp3-boss dir, and full install, same issue

after full install, I registered, scanned files, went to list view, edited title of song ID 1, went to util, other, tag editor, clicked edited only box, and get error

I have never messed with filter options/features of MP3-Boss, so I don't think that is the issue, additionally song ID 1 is listed, and I see the changes, I just cant update tags

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help

What field are you editing (e.g., artist, album, title)?
Is List View using a UserProfile for setup?
Are the ListView columns in the default order or custom order?

#5 2005-02-28 11:28:30

bbrodka

I that test I edited tittle
don't know what you mean UserProfile, I just did a fresh install (after unistall and renaming mp3-boss dir, so i knew there were nothing of the old install)
have not changed colum order, like stated above, I installed, registered, scaned, edited one sons title, tried to update tag via the tag editor utility, and it thinks non have been edited

#6 2005-02-28 12:40:36

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

bbrodka wrote:

ps it there anyway I can manually see if edited flag is beeing set, it apears that it is not being set best I can guess

Look at the []Changed item on the first tab of the Detail information for that mp3.

#7 2005-02-28 12:49:57

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

bbrodka wrote:

remains unchecked, even when I just edited the title, artist, and album

Please send me your DATA.MDB file (zip it first).

After you send me the file, please try repairing the DATA.MDB (Start/Programs/MP3Boss/Optimize Data) and try it again.

If that doesn't fix the program, then ZIP and send me a copy of your MPEG.MDE file.  Then, try repairing MPEG.MDE (Start/Programs/MP3Boss/Optimize Database).

#8 2005-02-28 13:19:50

bbrodka

John, I use MP3-Boss to process incomming files, fix there tags and then mode them to another directory.

Every time I process these new files, when I scan I habe MP3-Boss delete the database before starting the scan.

since a new database is created each time, I doubt it is the database, additionall with a comleate install, there is nothing remaiining of the old install

I tried bothe he optimizers, still no go

Sent you my entire mp3-boss dir in private email

#9 2005-03-01 16:02:34

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

bbrodka wrote:

Any luck duplicating the problem with the files I sent?

Thanks again

Yes, I was able to duplicate the problem.  I had fixed it several times before...but it keeps cropping up.

I think I've fixed it.  This time, I only set the changed flag if any of the following fields are updated:
Artist, Album, Title, Comment, Track, category, year

Is that what we want (this is correct for ID3v1 tags)?  Once I start writing ID3v2 tags, I guess I should expand the list (or add another field to the table?).  Or should I ALWAYS mark the record as changed when ANY field is edited?

One minor 'feature' is that I will mark the record as changed even if you cancel the update.  I don't think this is a major problem (same as if you edit it, then go back and change it back to original later).

#10 2005-03-02 02:01:29

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

bbrodka wrote:

596 fixed problem, thanks for your help

I think changing flaf on ANY field edit would be best and easier from your end to program/maintain especially since V2 has so many new tags

One thing to consider when adding V2 tag support is posibly adding a toggle to display what feilds are shown in a view

I think when I add V2 support I'll add a field to indicate when ANYTHING has been edited.  Since ID3v1 tracks so few fields, it makes sense to track "ID3v1_Changed".  There are so many ID3v2 fields that it probably doesn't make sense to track the difference between "ID3v2_Changed" and "Anything_Changed".

ID3v2 support is a pretty big change because of the number of fields that I plan to support...so it means an entirely new form when editing ID3v2.

I'd like your comments on my question about ID3v2 tag support (see new post).

Board footer