MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2005-03-13 07:05:20

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

v0.598 Beta released - March 13, 2005

Bugfix: ListView column restore problem due to (HHMMSS field)
Artist Original_Artist no longer updated by Artist_Fixup (for future use)
Smartscan ON by default

Beta 0.598 update release:
http://www.creaturesgreat.com/mp3update598.zip

Beta 0.598 full version release:
http://www.creaturesgreat.com/mp3boss598.zip

In theory you should only need the v0.598 update release.  However, if you want to do a full installation, you can use the v0.598 full version release.  Don't forget to backup what you have!  In particular, it is possible that a final release might require that you revert back to v0.582 data (or earlier) because of database update issues.

#2 2005-03-16 14:18:00

yahs

Re: v0.598 Beta released - March 13, 2005

John
Downloaded 598 update and installed with no problem
hhmmss field works fine, but the character spacing (kerning??) using Comic sans ms isn't too good. Works fine in other fonts such as Times roman etc.

I don't find it easy to tell whether shuffle is on or off on the winamp control panel

many thanks

sk

#3 2005-03-16 17:53:45

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

yahs wrote:

John
Downloaded 598 update and installed with no problem hhmmss field works fine

Speed is no OK?  No errors on startup?  The problem I had will be fixed in 598...but the problem might have been due to restoring an older data.mdb.

...the character spacing (kerning??) using Comic sans ms isn't too good.

I this a problem only in Artist Fixup, or also in List View?  I don't have control over the character-to-character spacing, but have control of the textbox heights in Artist Fixup.  Because of the height issue, I only allow a narrow range of fontsize for the textboxes in Artist Fixup, although I allow a much wider range for the Listboxes in Artist Fixup.  At some point, I'll probably allow Artist Fixup to auto-size based on the window size/screen resolution.

I don't find it easy to tell whether shuffle is on or off on the winamp control panel

Take a look at the shuffleON.bmp image...maybe make the entire background green instead of just the little button?  What resolution screen do you have?

I've actually made quite a few Artist Fixup fixes for 599 already.  Turns out there were a number of situations where editing a field meant a title wasn't selected.  Next version will automatically select or re-select the title.  Also, turns out an Artist wasn't automatically 'clicked' on form-load, and this might have caused some confusing (in other words...I think I finally figured out how an earlier bug report...Artist Fixup changes lost...happened).

So...looks like 599 will be the release candidate instead of 598!

#4 2005-03-17 13:48:20

yahs

John

Slight screen redraw on start up (almost like a powerpoint fade in). I'll check this tomorrow by doing a complete install of 598 instead of using the upgrade

The character spacing refers to list view as opposed to Artist Fixup.

With regard to the shuffleON button what i have discovered is that winamp (v508c) overides MP3Boss. If I shuffle in winamp I can see the green bmp image and when I turn it off in winamp the green bmp goes out. However if I click in MP3Boss nothing changes. My screen is set to 1024 x 768 resolution.

SK

#5 2005-03-17 16:22:29

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

yahs wrote:

John

Slight screen redraw on start up (almost like a powerpoint fade in). I'll check this tomorrow by doing a complete install of 598 instead of using the upgrade

Not sure what this could be...I don't see it here (but my screen is failing/awful).

The character spacing refers to list view as opposed to Artist Fixup.

Not sure why you'd see this for only a certain font, but I don't set kerning.

With regard to the shuffleON button what i have discovered is that winamp (v508c) overides MP3Boss.

On my computer, with v5.xx I'm able to switch the status with Winamp, but not with MP3-Boss.  My shuffle toggle was doing something different for v3.xx and greater.  Looks like v5.xx behaves the same as v2.xx...so I think I've fixed this in v599.

#6 2005-03-18 13:59:02

yahs

John
Did a complete install today. The startup screen is fine comes up with no problem.
The comic sans font has a problem displaying because the 1 is so much thiner than the other letters - not a problem just an observation.
Everything else works fine. I have approx 11,000 files that are scanned without a problem.

SK

Board footer