MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2011-09-07 09:59:28

baba4
Website

I'm a new user, but already hooked...

Hi,

I'm a new user, but already hooked... however, I want to get a list of my duplicates, etc and whenever I click on the Utils button (Utils (Tag/Dupes/CRC32)) nothing happens.

I don't even get an error message.

And I was advised to delete my MP3boss.log file, forcing the system to create a new one, which it hasn't actually done yet.

Has anyone got any advice?

#2 2011-09-07 16:06:14

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: I'm a new user, but already hooked...

How many files have you scanned using MP3-Boss?

It can take awhile to complete the scan if you have a lot of files that match or almost match.

However, you should see something like "Duplicate checking: 9 of 61532 files 0.0% complete" almost immediately after you click the button.  Plus, the "Find Duplicates..." button should change to "Cancel Check" so that you can stop the check.

If you only have a few files, the scan might be complete immediately (the check is first based on checksums that were calculated during the first scan).

Instead of deleting the MP3Boss.LOG, you can send it to me and I can check if there is a problem.

Board footer