MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2004-12-14 12:32:44

AtlGuy

Add a Customizable Rating

Is it  possible to customize and add addtional ratings? I would like to add a raiting "Jim's Awsome Music" Can MP3 Do this?

Thanks

#2 2004-12-14 13:55:58

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Add a Customizable Rating

This a a feature in the new beta.
You can't add additional ratings, but you can customize the text -- take a look in Utilities/Review/Review Tables.  Because I have buttons for the ratings, I've only allowed 5 rating categories.

Along with ratings though, you have a lot more flexibility with Song Categories.

First, you can change the text shown for the 'standard' categories that are defined in the ID3v1 tag specification.  This is done with User_Category.  Don't forget that the ID3v1 tag identifies those categories in a certain way...so mainly you'll want to use this to so the category is in your native language.

Even better though, you can add NEW categories with User_Category1.  One of the best new features in the beta is that you can show exactly as many/few categories as you want...and ONLY those categories are shown in that Category1 dropdown next to the mp3 player in List View.  Pretty cool, right? smile

#3 2005-06-05 05:20:36

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Add a Customizable Rating

I've been rating a lot of my music recently -- and it seems that a lot of my songs are somewhere between "Pretty Good" and "Great". 

Are other people having the same problem?

It would be possible to add a + and - to each of the ratings buttons:
     +
-

So the biggest part of the button would still be the 'normal' rating...but clicking upper right would be + and lower left would be -

Or...maybe click the grey strip at bottom of each icon for - and grey strip at top of each icon for +.

Would this be better or just more confusing?  It would end up giving you 15 different ratings for the songs (instead of 5).

Board footer