MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2013-02-10 08:50:05

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

What's next?

Upgrading to the new Office 2010 has been more difficult than expected -- so should I start again?  Should I concentrate on how to get web applications like Spotify to play with MP3-Boss?  Or something else?

MP3-Boss does "safe" file management much better than anything I've found out there -- maybe I should concentrate on that part of the program?  Or is there another area that I should concentrate on?

For next upgrade, I've thought about the following:
1) Simply upgrade "as is" to Office 2010, probably having to remove some features like Drag & Drop (because underlying libraries are perhaps the cause of the instability).
2) Start again ... and hope that Office 2010 provides some of the missing functionality (I still don't think Office has native drag & drop!).
3) Complete rewrite -- for instance, with SQL Server Compact mode.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
John

#2 2014-01-21 15:14:25

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: What's next?

Winamp lives!

The legendary MP3 software has been acquired from AOL by Radionomy, less than a month after AOL had planned to shut down Winamp's Website and services. Radionomy also acquired Winamp's Shoutcast Internet radio platform as part of the deal, though the terms were not disclosed.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2087504/ … onomy.html

#3 2014-01-21 15:17:18

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: What's next?

For next upgrade, I'm thinking about:
1) See if Office 2013 is better than Office 2010 (I wasted too much time trying to get it to work).
2) Complete rewrite -- for instance, VB.NET front-end with with SQL Server Express or SQLite.

What are the feature I MUST keep?

Board footer